1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Encryption unsuccessfulSupport

1. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Well-Known Member

So I am getting tired of this message. It's gotten to the point that I am not installing very much on this phone right now. Basically what is happening, is this "Encryption unsuccessful" error message to pop up. No, I did not trigger encryption or anything like that. It is a bug in ICS that has something to deal with SD Card mounting or something along those lines. There isn't very much information about it, and most of the fixes require CWM.

So what happened, is my phone just randomly restarted (presumably from a crash). It rebooted into this error screen, and I have no access to anything, not even adb. It gives you a "handy" little button to reset your phone to factory settings, and this is the only way I can seem to get out of this error screen. Of course this means I lose all my apps, which is why I have started installing minimal apps. Supposedly, you can get out of it by restarting a few times with your SD card out, but this has never worked for me. I don't know if I keep getting this issue due to my 32 GB card, but I probably am. :(

Has anybody else had this issue, or am I the only one? Does anybody know how to fix it?

EDIT:
    Here is a link talking about the issue. It's written for the Captivate, but it's still an ICS issue.
    www.icsforums.com/forum/showthread/7532

Advertisement