end button no longer locksSupport

Last Updated:

1. forsaken7

forsaken7 New Member This Topic's Starter

i just got this phone a couple of days ago, and now all of a sudden my end button doesnt bring up the lock screen. it works fine for everything else but pressing it just brings it back to the home screen. is there any way to map it back? because i couldnt find it in the settings and i have turned my phone off multiple times but nothing works

Advertisement
  2. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

Did you install spare parts? if you did go into the app and change the end button behavior there. if not then try deserting your phone by powering off and pulling out battery for 10 seconds

Sent from my DamagedControl using Tapatalk

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Yup. Spare parts can change the end button action.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Don't desert your phone.:p

Here's the steps I would take. try 1, if that doesn't work move to 2 etc.

1- Do a soft reset. You could pull the battery or you could just hold the end button till the power off menu appears. Select power off and after the phones off, press and hold the end button till it turns back on.

2- uninstall any apps you may have installed just before the problem occurred. Pay special attention to spare parts advice already givin (if you installed spare parts). If the problem still exists after the uninstall try another soft reset to be sure. When reinstalling your apps, check after each install to see which caused the issue and notify the developer if you can.

3- Hard reset aka biting the bullet. This will resore the phone to it's original condition. Home > Menu > SD card & phone storage > Factory data reset. You could use a back up program to save your apps and settings but since you've had the phone for such a short time, I'd avoid it. The problem with restoring apps from b/u is that they won't be listed in My Downloads in the Marketplace. You will get no more automatic update notification untill you install that program again. Also unless careful, you can end up duplicating your contacts.

4- Sprint repair center. Something was physically wrong with the phone. Enjoy your replacement device.

Hopefully step 1 solves the problem. Good luck

5. Juanisan

Juanisan New Member

I just had this issue happen. The phone was working fine for months since I installed a root 2.1 on the samsung moment. Then last night it stopped working.

So I downloaded this "spare parts" everyone keeps talking about and voila, I have a working lock button again!

I did notice a new setting in Astro Player!!! I think I updated that yesterday... I sometimes use the feature that when you unplug your headphones it automagicaly shuts off the player. Today it didn't do that...... So I poked around in the settings and found one called "Astro Player lock screen: Use custom Astro Player lock screen instead of the standard one."

This is probably what killed my lock button to start with... Maybe?

6. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I had this problem before. They just pulled the battery to fix it. I only took it up there to document the issue since we have been having a lot of problems with our Moments.

7. Vault172

Vault172 New Member

Tried the Spare Parts solution but still am unable to use my end button to put my phone to sleep. Any other advice??

8. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've had this problem since my response in this thread. I wrote it off as the penalty for flashing new roms/kernels almost daily. The only solution I could find is to do a hard reset and install everything from scratch, a soft reset didn't do it. I tried using a system backup from recovery and it brought the end button issue with it.

9. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

This thread is cuuursed.