• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help End Call button unresponsive

SharpHawk

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Hello,

Every now and then the End Call button will refuse to work (it doesn't even get highlighted when pressed), usually for up to 5 seconds. As you can imagine this can make ending a conversation considerably awkward. Any ideas as to what would be causing this? I first thought it could be the proximity sensor/screen lock, but the screen would have to turn off when this is in effect, which it doesn't. I can see the screen perfectly, I just can't interact with the End Call button.

Is there any other way to end calls?

Thanks!

Try calling your voicemail and setting it on a table, then see if you are able to press the END button on screen.

Sounds like a screen problem or a software problem.

Also try this:
Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Setting button>Filter>All>

Scroll to Phone>clear data, and reboot your phone.

Will I lose any personal data if I do this?

Upvote 0
Will I lose any personal data if I do this?

Some, yes. I don't remember everything that goes, but I think your text messages, any emails, your contacts, etc. So make sure everything is backed up that you need. Oh, and your downloaded market apps will need to be re-downloaded.

However, I do want to say one thing here-- I had this problem once. And it has never happened again. And the only thing I did differently is that I was playing around with different sound effects. I think I was messing with one of those silly gun shooting apps. Anyway, I considered that maybe my problem was just that the system was hung up from some extra app that I had been playing with. I rebooted the phone, and as I mentioned, that END CALL problem has never come up again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones