• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

End of the Internet

i got this letter today from Ron Paul.

logo-small.jpg

Dear Patriot:

Please take your time and read this email carefully.

Because if a bill quietly sneaking its way through Congress passes, an email like this could be the last non-government message to ever hit your inbox.

In fact, someday you may even find yourself unable to log in to your email in the first place!

I know what you're thinking: Maybe this is just another Internet hoax.

I wish it was.

But Barack Obama and Senator Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) want to make this nightmare a reality. That's why Rockefeller introduced S. 773, "The Cybersecurity Act of 2009."

Cosponsors include Senators Evan Bayh (D-IN), Bill Nelson (D-FL) and Olympia Snowe (R-ME).

You see, Barack Obama is seeking sweeping new powers to "shut down" all private internet in the event of a "cybersecurity emergency" — a vague term that the President can define at his discretion.

And Rockefeller's bill gives Barack Obama just what he wants.

That's why this expansive new power grab should really be called "The Internet Takeover Bill."

As you know, the Internet has developed into an independent sphere where 1st Amendment Rights can still be (fairly) freely exercised.

It's also become an important outlet for liberty-minded speech, cutting around the Obama-worship and corporate censorship of the mainstream media.

And we've already seen the Obama Administration's reaction to any online speech they deem "fishy."

Last July, the Administration called upon Americans to report their friends' and neighbors' emails to help Barack Obama silence the "disinformation" about the Obamacare bills in Congress.

Well now Barack Obama wants to cut out the middle man.

If the Internet Takeover Bill passes, Barack Obama can silence his dissenters directly — by ordering a shutdown of the U.S. Internet.

That's right, under this bill Barack Obama can order all non-government U.S. networks to shutdown from the Internet.

But that's not all.

Even outside of periods of White House-declared "emergency," this bill mandates that private-sector networks only be managed by government-licensed "cybersecurity professionals."

If you think dealing with your office IT department is bad now, just wait until they're federally-licensed bureaucrats.

Well I know I like writing to you, and I hope you like hearing from me.

Or if not me, at least you probably like staying in touch with your family and friends, and having access to uncensored news and current events.

And that's why I hope you'll help Campaign for Liberty stop the Internet Takeover Bill by signing our Internet User's Mandate to Congress.

Today, legislation like this — built on the same statist principles as the infamous Patriot Act — must sneak through Congress quietly.

They know Americans are no longer willing to swallow this swill "for our own good."

And it's especially critical that Campaign for Liberty and other fellow R3volutionaries fight this power grab.

Can you imagine how easily those in power could fabricate an "emergency" on a big money bomb day for a strong liberty candidate threatening the establishment?

Or how about message boards vital to planning and freedom rallies and protests of socialized medicine?

With "right-wing extremists" freely and visibly exercising their 2nd Amendment rights at such events, no doubt the White House could declare "emergency" and shut down all online planning.

I don't want to see good politicians lose potential millions or demonstrations of liberty extinguished. I hope you don't either.

That's why I hope you'll sign your Internet User's Mandate and make a donation right now to Campaign for Liberty to make sure that never happens.

We're going to fight this bill hard, because it's clear that the Internet is the next frontier for liberty politics, and Campaign for Liberty is right on the forefront.

So please click here to sign your Internet User's Mandate to Congress in opposition to Barack Obama's Internet Takeover and Shutdown Bill.

And in addition to signing your mandate, please make a generous contribution of $100, $50 or $25 so we can fight this Internet takeover.

We need to fight to make sure Barack Obama doesn't disconnect your computer, shut down your favorite websites, or block all your emails.

And frankly with Audit the Fed, Cap and Tax and socialized healthcare debates, Campaign for Liberty is stretched pretty thin.

And unlike the government we don't print, borrow or take money by force (taxes). Our only revenue comes from voluntary contributions from liberty activists like you.

We need you to stay educated and active.

We've put too much time into building our pro-liberty online networks, websites and email lists. We simply cannot afford to give Barack Obama the power to dismantle all that at the drop of a hat.

So please, click here to sign your Internet User's Mandate and if you can make a contribution of $100, $50 or $25 or whatever you want to Campaign for Liberty to stop this power grab...

...to defend our rights...

...and most importantly, to protect this movement.

I trust you'll join this fight to protect all the progress we've made.

In Liberty,

tatesig-small.jpg

John Tate
President

P.S. The Internet Takeover Bill (S. 773) is threatening to "unplug" private networks from the Internet on the order of the President and dismantle the online army we've worked so hard to build.

Click here to sign your Internet User's Mandate to Congress, and please make a generous contribution of $100, $50 or $25 to Campaign for Liberty so we can lead the fight against this Obama power grab.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] This message was intended for: jc@hotrodmotorcycleshop.com
You were added to the system August 2, 2010. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe
[/FONT]

N-6716232992-55FA906504EA9F1FF748DBDBC9313F8D.jpg

Upvote 0
Google was started (funded) by, and now works closely with the US government, more specifically the NSA. The telecoms are all the same. They all have to abide by the rules and regulations which force manufacturers to install back door access in phones, back doors in routing networks, give up private records, etc. We don't need the government strong-arming the companies, and we don't need the government controlling every aspect of the infrastructure. Net neutrality is now being pushed by the government as being rolled up in the cybersecurity agenda. By cybersecurity they mean more authoritarian control over the internet. Just not too long ago we had some higher-ups praising the cybersecurity agenda as awesome because it was just like China's internet control grid. I bet Chairman Maobama would just love to have that kind of power. Being able to shut down the internet for months on end would thrill him.

Upvote 0
Google was started (funded) by, and now works closely with the US government, more specifically the NSA. The telecoms are all the same. They all have to abide by the rules and regulations which force manufacturers to install back door access in phones, back doors in routing networks, give up private records, etc. We don't need the government strong-arming the companies, and we don't need the government controlling every aspect of the infrastructure. Net neutrality is now being pushed by the government as being rolled up in the cybersecurity agenda. By cybersecurity they mean more authoritarian control over the internet. Just not too long ago we had some higher-ups praising the cybersecurity agenda as awesome because it was just like China's internet control grid. I bet Chairman Maobama would just love to have that kind of power. Being able to shut down the internet for months on end would thrill him.

Interesting, do you have any sources to back up your claims? Specifically google being funded by and working with the government. And also the net neutrality bill being the means to control the internet in the US.

Also that letter is a good example of why I don't get emails from Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" anymore... That is almost the definition of fearmongering. I'd have to see some evidence before I bought into that.

Upvote 0
umm.. common knowledge and news articles?

- CIA officer Robert Steele came out years ago and told how the government funded Google's startup.
- The NSA and Google are working together to police/monitor the web in real time, as announced, and covered by nearly every tech journal including PC Magazine.
- Now Google and the CIA are working together with the Recorded Future's project for pre-crime policing.

Go ahead and "google" the articles. ;)

Upvote 0
ISPs censoring the internet... choosing what sites you can and can not get to. Companies pay the ISP to allow or promote their website. Forget individuals being able to create their own site or ISPs allowing their customers to get to any sites they dont allow (aka don't pay the ISP).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/28/net.neutrality.chart.jpg

This is our world without net neutrality. Allowing the ISPs the ability to sensor the internet as they see fit is just as bad, if not worse than the government. I find it unlikly that a law to control the internet would make it through however the ISPs are free to do whatever they want right now.

Upvote 0
ISPs censoring the internet... choosing what sites you can and can not get to. Companies pay the ISP to allow or promote their website. Forget individuals being able to create their own site or ISPs allowing their customers to get to any sites they dont allow (aka don't pay the ISP).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/28/net.neutrality.chart.jpg

This is our world without net neutrality. Allowing the ISPs the ability to sensor the internet as they see fit is just as bad, if not worse than the government. I find it unlikly that a law to control the internet would make it through however the ISPs are free to do whatever they want right now.
uhh.. lol, the government's plan is to host everyone off of national domains, dubbed Internet2, and control/approve content that way. That's much worse than my open and free internet I have now. Net neutrality seeks to bring the internet under FCC control.. if you like how they've ruined all the television and radio associated content, you'll love their version of the internet.

Upvote 0
umm.. common knowledge and news articles?

- CIA officer Robert Steele came out years ago and told how the government funded Google's startup.
- The NSA and Google are working together to police/monitor the web in real time, as announced, and covered by nearly every tech journal including PC Magazine.
- Now Google and the CIA are working together with the Recorded Future's project for pre-crime policing.

Go ahead and "google" the articles. ;)

I didn't see anything about the government funding googles start up so you will have to back that one up. I don't like googles work with the CIA and NSA however, I doubt that is in our best interest.

uhh.. lol, the government's plan is to host everyone off of national domains, dubbed Internet2, and control/approve content that way. That's much worse than my open and free internet I have now. Net neutrality seeks to bring the internet under FCC control.. if you like how they've ruined all the television and radio associated content, you'll love their version of the internet.

I can't buy that either until I see it from some sort of source.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones