End (red) key lower then send (green) key?

Last Updated:

1. Jessica1980

Jessica1980 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. I just received my new Hero with Google from Sprint and LOVE it. Question is - Every time I press my end (red) key I can barely feel the "click" so-to-speak and it is slightly lower then my send (green) key. Point being, is everyones Hero with Google from Sprint like this? Both keys function perfectly but I just don't want that end key to malfunction in the future. Should I get it exchanged? Thank you in advance for everyones responses :)

Advertisement
  2. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

go get it exchanged. my first hero had a similar problem with the volume keys. the down key was easy to press but the up key was kinda stuck but was still able to press. i went to sprint the next day and got it swapped for another one. i would do it asap.

3. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

My girlfriend's is the same way! Happened 1 day out of the 30 day return period. She's not happy and guess who has to hear all about it... We are probably just going to exchange it under warranty, but she wants to make sure she gets a brand new phone, not a refurbed one. I don't blame her though, no reason to pay for a new phone, only to get a refurbed on a month later

4. DrRobert

DrRobert Member

My gut feeling is it's like that on purpose so that people don't accidentally push the hang up button when they're on a call. I just checked mine and the hang up button is slightly lower. Is it really that big of a deal?

5. sleejay

sleejay Member

im sorry but i need to chime in on this one

IT IS A PHONE. A PHONE. A PHONE. A PHONE.

not a pacemaker, or a diabetic syringe, or a spaceship, or a jet plane.

A PHONE.

calm down.

uminchu likes this.
  6. bob2300

bob2300 Well-Known Member

Watch out for clicking (creaking) on the menu, home, search, and back buttons. My first hero had a slightly lower button (think talk) and the home/menu buttons started clicking. It could have nothing to do with it or that could be related, im honestly not sure.

7. Gatr

Gatr Active Member

SO!!?? Wait just a darn min here..U mean this is a Phone... I thought it was a great TOY that worked as a pretty good fone?
    lol
    :)
    Gatr

8. sleejay

sleejay Member

woa.. thats pretty much exactly what it is. please enlighten the rest of these people

9. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

It's a phone that she paid 180 bucks for, not have it break, but to last her over 2 years! How is she suppose to have any faith in this PHONE if it's broken within 4 weeks of owning it?

10. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

The red button is slightly lower and doesn't "click" as loud or as easily as the green one intentionally. It is designed that way so that you don't accidentally press it and disconnect your call. Unless it is unusally loud or hard to press it's fine.

11. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Really, thats funny because my end call button works EXACTLY like the send button. EVERY other hero i've used is the exact way mine is. The buttons are exactly the same. My girlfriends phone was just like mine, both buttons up and with a slight "click" to them, up until a few weeks ago. The tech even said it was broken and wanted to replace the phone, but again, she doesn't want a refurbed one.

12. chfields

Funny, the 5 hero's I looked at were all the same...maybe its an optical illusion that the red one is lower, but I tried them all and the red button seemed to have a softer click than the green. If the tech said it was broken, then it must be.....

13. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Lemme throw a curveball in here. I just looked at mine and the end(red) button is slightly HIGHER than the send button. It is so slight that I never noticed until I inspected it for this thread.

14. Jessica1980

Jessica1980 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I decided to bring the phone in to get it exchanged and immediately after telling the Sprint rep "this red button" - she interrupted me and said "let me guess, you can't feel it click and its lower then the green button right?". I said, yes. She then said "I'll exchange it for another new one because this is an HTC assembly problem and we have had a lot of people coming into our Sprint corporate stores with the same problem". Problem solved :)

*And "sleejay" reminding people of the obvious "this is a phone" makes you seem narrow-minded. I, as well as many people do not "calm down" until they receive exactly what they paid for. Wether its a piece of gum etc.

JonB and bmw_1 like this.
  15. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but the only thing I ever use the red button for is engaging the lock screen.

16. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

I double tap the end button to end calls. One tap wakes it up, the second ends the call. Sometimes a third to put it right back to sleep again. It gets quite a bit of use during the day.

17. bmw_1

bmw_1 New Member

Thanks for the update Jessica :) Now I know why my husband complains about that button getting stuck on his Hero. We are exchanging ours too.

18. aerajan

aerajan Active Member

Although my buttons are at the same level on my Hero I've recently noticed something else that is pissing me off wit the end button. The finish around the outline of the phone symbol is peeling to the point where there's just some silver or whatever finish it is with a red blob. I've dropped my phone minimally, once on a concrete surface and then a few times on rugs and have a hard case. Granted the case doesn't protect the buttons but it does keep the phone slightly elevated above a surface if dropped. The phone is just about cosmetically perfect in every other way except for this unusual wearing problem. I'm well aware that this doesn't pertain directly to the topic and also that when the Hero first came out there were posts on the finish peeling but just felt the need to vent and see if anyone else has this exact issue. I'm a bit obsessive so even if in the end of the day it's just a phone it's my baby (sounds cheesy I know).

19. chfields

Well dropping your phone, especially on concrete is going to cause damage. I would think you would be more careful since it's your "baby", but who knows, maybe it would have happened anyways.........................