ending apps on eris?Support

Last Updated:

1. Fathawk

Fathawk Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a quick easy way to end apps on the eris? Right now, I go to app manager and force shutdown from there, but I'm thinking there has to be something easier.

Maybe a widget or something?

Advertisement
  2. Fathawk

Fathawk Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place. The UI for this forum is a little confusing.

3. laludj

laludj New Member

I have an HTC Eris. When i click the home key, does it actually CLOSE the app or just throw it into the background. If it does not close the app,m how do I close it. Also, when i am in the today screen, and hold the home key, a box then pops up with a grid of apps, are those apps currently open or recently used?

4. cdstewart

cdstewart Well-Known Member

Just download advanced task killer

5. MSU

MSU Well-Known Member

Yep I've been using this and really like it, but I think you need to make sure you don't kill the alarm clock or you alarm will not go off. That happened to me this morning.

6. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Add it to the ignore list or whatever it's called. That way it wont show up in the list so you cant end it.

7. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

I'm doing a test right now, but advanced task killer seems to have been killing my battery too.

I'm doing a progression, yesterday things were horrible with it on.

Today I unplugged at 8:15 and was down 4% in 36 minutes with no use. Then another 2% by sending and receiving a test e-mail. And another 3% by 9:04 with no activity during that 8 minutes.

At that point I uninstalled advanced task killer. Its been 30 minutes, I'm down 1% from that point (as opposed to the 4% from before). Hopefully I'll see a clear difference now.