Ending phone callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does the screen always wake back up when you finish a call and take the phone away from your head? Therefore you can press end call quickly on the screen.

Reason I ask is that I had a Touch Diamond with a power on off button at the top and having to press that and then press end call on the screen was a real pain.

Advertisement
  2. alejovh1

alejovh1 Well-Known Member

As soon as you remove the phone off your ear, the screen comes back on and you can press the end call button. The proximity sensor on this phone works quite well.

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you.

4. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

If you're using speakerphone or Bluetooth though you do have to unlock the screen before you can hang up. Anybody know if there's a setting for that?

5. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

I haven's used BT with it... but wouldn't pushing the button on the headset hang up the call as well?

6. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

Yes, the headset button will usually end the call, but the other day I was on the bluetooth headset and wanted to switch to speakerphone. I had to first unlock the screen before I could hit the "Speakerphone" button.

Is there a setting that distinguishes between the display turning off and using the power button or timeout to lock the phone? I could see that normal power saving rules would do both, but when a call is active it would be nice to just turn the screen off to conserve power without actually locking the device. The proximity sensor does a great job of this when using the phone as a handset, and I know there are a number of applications such as Navigation that prevent the phone from sleeping or the display from turning off, so this capability seems to be there. It may just be hidden.