Endless reboot cycle

Last Updated:

1. Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo New Member This Topic's Starter

New to the forum, please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this :)

Running a rooted 1.5 on Rogers network in Canada on my HTC Magic. Read some instructions awhile ago to update to 2.1, needed to install ROM Manager and flash a recovery partition from there. Did so, and it's always just rebooted back into main Android.

Today thought I'd give it a try with a newer recovery firmware, do the reboot, sits on Rogers logo, reboots, starts booting Android. Like an idiot, I decide to pull the battery, and try manually going into recovery. I do this, and now it's stuck in an endless reboot.

I'll turn it on, it'll sit on Rogers logo, obviously trying to get into recovery, then reboots. Repeat ad infinitum.

Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this? It's out of warranty, I can't access recovery or fastboot, nothing. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I've tried leaving the battery out for awhile (maybe clear the RAM a bit more), tried pulling the SIM and SD card, but all to no avail.

Advertisement
  2. Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo New Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought I'd say I got it working. For anybody interested in how:

Let it charge overnight, still broken in the morning. Decided to let it sit there rebooting endlessly when I went to work. Come home at lunch, check it, battery's completely dead. Charge it for a couple minutes, turn it on, it goes into recovery, then freezes there. Pull battery, try starting it again, and it booted normally.

Just did this now, going to bring it with me to work and keep it charging, and hope that restarting it to put my SIM card in doesn't mess it up :p

3. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Dude, now that you finally got it running you should seriously unroot and start over.