g_patrick15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

3. g_patrick15

4. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

good prelim review vid. at this point, it does not sound like the reviewer was very impressed. google should have opted for a larger screen for a more salient differentiation from the droid.

5. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member

this phone looks super nice to bad no tmobile where i live. i think this phone looks way better then the iphone to.

6. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i dont like the combo of black and gray, but whatever.

its hilarious how all these "tech" guys keep stabbing at the touch sensitive buttons on the bottom and have to hit them 5 times to get them to activate. you just need to simply hold your finger over the button for a half second, and it'll respond. IDIOTS, haha.

7. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

lol Seems like it happens in every vid. Dont know if its the screen sensitivity or the end user.

8. 3rd-Geer

3rd-Geer Well-Known Member

Come on guys give me some props hahaha...you guys should hit me up with a Donation man!!!

9. Wanderermy

Wanderermy Member

Look like you don't need a data plan nor sim card to activate it :eek:

[​IMG]

10. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

I was really dissapointed with their hands on review. I know they promised "a lot more" in the upcoming days but I still felt like their initial take and write up was lacking.

11. g_patrick15

anything else would have been a full review. thats like seeing a movie preview that was lacking since it was only 3 minutes of a 2hr movie. I'm used to engadget hands on 'previews' and they are usually just to tell us they got it and their initial impressions.

12. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

agreed... if anyone out there read the whole article they must've seen the last paragraph
    "We're going to have a lot more info and a full review coming in just a few days, but for now, feast your eyes on the video and gallery, and hang tight for more Nexus One goodness. Oh, and if you've got some questions on the device, shout them out in comments and we'll try to answer and / or cover them in the review."

but who am i to expect people read the whole thing when noone reads the damn manual for anything...

13. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Their initial impressions of the DROID said a lot more than what they said for the N1. The fact that he verbally said it didn't blow him away can't be a good sign. Granted, he's an staunch iPhone user, so anything less than that will result in a ho-hum initial impression. Although, again, when he got his hands on the DROID, he was pretty impressed. Other than the form factor, it didn't sound like the N1 provided him anything beyond what the DROID had offered previously. I thought the video of the N1 FC'ing was a big fail, but apparently, the other N1 hands-on with a couple of the "live" wallpapers resulted in the same FC. Google better fix that before launch. I will await CES for something awesome because right now, I'm not impressed by this offering.

14. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

I think almost everyone knows that N1 is just a faster version of Droid with newer firmware. When droid was released, it was pretty breakthrough device but N1 is not. For non Droid user or people who hates VZW and want to use GSM instead of CDMA, N1 is a breakthrough :)

15. harsaphes

harsaphes Well-Known Member

Well also, there are those of us who dont want a keyboard.