Engadget reports Google working feverishly on Nexus one problems

Last Updated:

1. BoroC4

BoroC4 Member This Topic's Starter

Good to read that google is working on some of the main problems

Select Nexus One users complaining of touchscreen calibration, 3G connectivity issues -- Engadget

Touch screen calibration issue taken from google forum

Best answer - Ry Guy (Google Employee)
    Hey everyone,

Sorry to keep you waiting, but we're still definitely looking this issue. We want everyone to know that if this issue can be solved by a software fix it will be addressed with an over-the-air systems update. If we find this is the result of a hardware issue, it'll be covered by the Nexus One Warranty found here:

http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/answer.py?answer=166519

Thanks for your patience.
    -Ry Guy

Advertisement
  2. nDrg

nDrg Member

Is the 2G/3G issues USA based only? In the UK i've had 0 problems using 3G while out and about.

3. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to tell them not to worry about working too feverishly because my Nexus is solid as a rock.

I've only encountered one small bug in 10 days of heavy usage:

sometimes when I download an app from the marketplace, the text describing the app(below the icon) gets shifted off to the right a little. It can be fixed by a battery pull but would be nice to see fixed via an update.

Other than that I have not had one single issue. In fact, my Nexus is way more stable than my BB Bold was after three OS updates over the course of a year. My Nexus out of the gate is more stable and bug free.

An absolute pleasure to use and I would make this purchase again and again. Best impulse buy I ever made in my life.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The only problem I have is that O2 haven't got as strong a signal as there should be here, but they are looking into it. It's not just my N1 I've seen on this either.

5. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

sometimes when i have more than 1 txt message conversation going on someone elses name will appear on someone elses conversation

6. ItsBrad

ItsBrad Active Member

Happens to me sometimes too.

7. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member

Same here.

8. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

whoa, this won't work for single people. I'd have serious issues, and no dates either.
    I can't even imagine what would happen if I had this issue.

9. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I was just having some similar concerns. Quite troublesome.

Can those that experienced this elaborate? Is this in the Messaging screen, where all the threads are listed or is it under one specific conversation? Does it replace all of that contacts info (name & pic) or just name?

10. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member

Under a specific conversation. It just replaces the name of the contact, not any other info. And it goes back after a while.

11. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say, using handcent I haven't had any issues like that

12. markouk

markouk Well-Known Member

Me too! I panicked as I thought I'd sent some raunchy text messages meant for my wife, to a work colleague! Dangerous. Hopefully this has been submitted as a bug.

13. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

I have had a few concerns about the phones ability to connect to the faster HSDPA networks (did a speed test in the same area at the same time, between my Nexus & my OH's Hero, both on Vodafone, and the Hero was getting much quicker download speeds (triple)).

14. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

I hope the first software update improves battery life... that's really my only issue with the phone... oh and minor touch screen accuracy hiccup, but that's random enough to not annoy me to death, unlike the poor battery life...

you'd think at the VERY least, HTC would have shipped units with pre-conditioned batteries...