Enhance Eris ExperienceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. startnew.jdr

startnew.jdr Member This Topic's Starter

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to enhance my Droid Eris experience. Looking for anything to improve my overall gps experience. Any apps that are a must have, and finally an app that is like the old microsoft money program that can sync up with a desktop app to keep track of all my finances. Thanks in advance.:)

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

3. theacousticprophet

theacousticprophet Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what type of GPS usage you are looking for, startnew.jdr.

If you want some apps for GPS tracking (and much more) for hiking/boating/quadding/cycling/stuff that's generally off major roads, etc... try out Mytracks and Maverick. Maverick is better IMO, but you can use Mytracks to save maps of an area, then open them up in Maverick even if you have no 3G or cell service! It's the ticket for doing anything in real remote or mountainous areas.

If you are looking for your eris to do Garmin-like GPS functions, I can't really help you there, as I don't use it for that purpose. Google maps lets me know just fine where I want to go.

We should be able to get turn-by-turn style GPS capabilities with the 2.1 upgrade. Keep your fingers crossed.

4. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

The only GPS app I have found that I am satisfied with at this point is Wisepilot, but I am only using it on a trial, otherwise I think its expensive.