• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enhanced Email Fires Off ALL Apps In The Background

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
I have always been a huge fan of Enhanced Email.......until now. Using another app so to view apps running in the background with the ability to stop all apps with one step, I tested by starting one app at a time to see which may trigger the most background apps.

As each app was opened, only, the task log displayed that specific test-initiated app runnung.

When I got around to testing Enhanced Email , the task log filled up with most, if not all apps initiated and running in the background.

I've stopped all apps using the task tool and re ran the test several times. The conclusion was the same: Enhanced Email executed all of the other apps to run in the background.

Does anyone else have the full version of Enhanced Email and would like to test and see what your results are?

As much as I love Enhanced Email, I am inclined to remove this app if it means eliminating unnecessary background running apps (67 to be exact).

As an additional analysis, I left my phone on after confirming only one or two apps are running. Then when Enhanced Email notifications popped up , I checked the task log and ALL apps , again, were executed.... :(

I have installed Enhanced Email on another phone and got the same results. Once Enhanced Email was opened, the background running apps lit up.

Ive never come across another app that does this.

Upvote 0
The developers web site says this is an Android issue and not an Enhanced Email app issue. I have yet to find another app that, when executed, fires up other installed apps running in the background.

I am not sure which updated version of EE started this to happen but I used to have a good battery life between charges until suddenly the battery draims within a couple hours. I started a process of elimination and EE has a cod e or permission that opens all other installed apps , which in turn runs my battery down faster than normal.

The bad part is, I domt habe to use EE but when "check mail" pings a server, it wakes EE up, which also wakes up all the other apps , draining the battery by the time I leave home and at a destination.

Uninstallimg! Is there another app better than Enhanced Email?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones