ensuring no data communication occursSupport

1. darren187

darren187 Member

I have an xperia x10 mini that was on the 02 network. Upon taking ownership of the phone in Feb 11' I factory reset it and switched off all internet/wifi options that I could find. (I did originally sign in with a gmail address via wifi to grab an app, xperia flashlight, then removed my email account and turned off wifi). I have used the phone on the Vodafone network since February 11'.

I found out last week that the lovely folk at Vodafone have charged me 83p (

Advertisement
    :
  2. darren187

darren187 Member

.....@....

watches the tumble weed, rollin', rollin', rollin'...

is this place dead? heheh ;D
  3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay, if you have turned off "Data Traffic" in the Mobile Networks section of the handset then your phone can not access any internet based function short of using WiFi. If you have done this and you are still being charged by your network for data services I would strongly advise having them investigate what data has been accessed as it is virtually impossible for your phone to be the cause of this issue.
  4. darren187

darren187 Member

thanks for the reply Sam-SEanswers!

yes, that's what I thought. I just wanted some extra clarification.

I have since left vodafone and joined a new network. surprise, surprise no data transfers!

...gonna be sending Vodafone a letter, but I'm not holding my breath I'll get the money back the overcharged me.
  5. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

No problem glad to help and good luck with the network :)