Enter a valid cid

Last Updated:

1. mwebby93

mwebby93 New Member

I am trying to root my inspire and when I went to the site to have the goldcard emailed to me, i keep getting the error that I have to enter a valid cid. How long should this be because the one I received was only 4 characters long. I am about to try a different sd card but would rather use my 8GB that came with my phone than my 4GB

EDIT: Just tried my 4GB and got the same cid number. When I did the step to reverse CID the first thing that came up was and error that said protocol fault (no status)

Then the name of the folder I have the hack kit in and said The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Under that it says Your reversed CID is: 00ng followed by a bunch of now on port 5037ting now on port ...... at the end says some arent running.

The notepad still pops up telling me to copy the cid to the site.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Can you post exactly what the CID is that you are getting?
  3. vademarc

vademarc New Member

Hi! I have the same problem. Did you resolved it? Is it a sdcard problem?

Thanks!
  4. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member

Just use the Ace Hack Kit. It makes the gold card for you and there is no issue.
  5. jvelazquez161

jvelazquez161 New Member

I was looking for this function too but could never get a home brewed solution. I ended up finding a company that makes an SID reader. Go to nexcopy.com and look in their SD or microSD duplicator section. It can do 20 cards at a time.