• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

enter or exit location

reader

Jan 6, 2011
hello

I have specified a location as a trigger

then I have created a task that has a right green arrow and a task that has a left red arrow

I suppose the green right arrow means that the actions are triggered when I enter the location and the red left arrow when I exit the location

the problem is that whenever I set some actions on the green right arrow, they are automatically changed to the same settings at the red left arrow!!!

I want to specify different settings in actions, as I want to undo the changes when I exit the location!

can you help me please?

thanks

I might be a bit late on this but there are settings that are reverted to their initial value once a profile becomes active.
For example if you set your phone to Vibrate or change the Display timeout value, it will revert when the profile becomes inactive.
You can find out which actions can be reverted by checking the icon shown on the right hand side. The flash means 'no reverting' (Variable Set, for example) and the cog means 'reverting will happen'.

You can disable this behaviour by going to the profile's settings (long tap on the profile name then Settings button) and unticking the 'Restore Settings' box.

Upvote 0
I might be a bit late on this but there are settings that are reverted to their initial value once a profile becomes active.
For example if you set your phone to Vibrate or change the Display timeout value, it will revert when the profile becomes inactive.
You can find out which actions can be reverted by checking the icon shown on the right hand side. The flash means 'no reverting' (Variable Set, for example) and the cog means 'reverting will happen'.

You can disable this behaviour by going to the profile's settings (long tap on the profile name then Settings button) and unticking the 'Restore Settings' box.

Note that settings set in exit task do not revert.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones