• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Entering text in bubbles

rdalcanto

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2009
What happens on the Nexus when you want to enter text into a bubble on a web page or in the calender app while in landscape mode? On the Droid, if I'm in Calender, and I add a new event and use the virtual keyboard in landscape mode, the only way to see what the box actually is and what the next box will be, is to use the physical keyboard. If I'm using the virtual keyboard, I just get a box, and a key that says "next" to the right. It makes entering data more difficult (you're not sure what field you're filling out and what the next field will be). I'm one of the guys that was waiting for the Passion and got the Droid because I had to switch to Verizon. The way the Android OS seems to be setup, a physical keyboard almost seems necessary to make certain tasks easier. I was going to switch to the Nexus/Passion, but now I'm not sure....

Welcome to the benefits of having a physical keyboard. However, when I'm using Swype in landscape mode, the text box will have a name to it, like "Username" and instead of "Go" or "Done," the entry button will say "Next," as in the next text field. But even this is not as nice as being able to see the page and ALL the text fields by using the physical keyboard. I like being able to go from box to box, using the d-pad. But this is the thing you give up when you go virtual. Honestly, they should retain the text box format they use for profile keyboards. I guess Google assumes that when you go in landscape mode, they think you will be doing something text intensive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones