Entering text in some web forms PAINFULLY slow!!Support

Last Updated:

1. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else seen this? Inputting things into short fields, like phone numbers, usernames, and emails is fine, but entering text into larger fields is extremely laggy. I wanted to do this post from my phone a little while ago, but it was like the keyboard was under water as I typed at normal speed...like it couldn't keep up with me at all. I could actually stop typing and watch one letter pop up every second until it had cought up with the typing I had just done.

Tapping out SMS's or emails is fine, it just seems to be the large text fields (like the one I'm using right now on my PC) that give the phone trouble...

I'm on an EVO with stock 2.2 and multi-touch keyboard (Droid X).

Anyone else having this issue or offer any thought??

Advertisement
  2. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the stock froyo keyboard. I thought it was a problem with the keyboard, but perhaps it's an issue with any keyboard hacked to work on the Evo.

Incidentally, the Dolphin HD 3.0 update has pretty much resolved this issue for me. I had one instance of slowdown so far, and it only lasted for one word.

3. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, it has ocurred to me that it could be a browser issue just as easily as a keyboard issue...

4. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

It never happened with the stock Evo keyboard. It only started when I began using the stock froyo keyboard.