Entire Camera Gallery Gone. WHY? HELP!

Last Updated:

1. replicant

replicant New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 9, 2009
    In layman's terms, can someone please help me here?

The other day I noticed (after Cupcake, before it, everything worked great) that pictures I was taking weren't saving anywhere, the camera would snap, you'd get a little view and poof, gone. Not saved to a gallery anywhere.

Last night upon charging, I turned off the phone and when I turned it back on, the entire folder of camera pictures was gone. All I have on there now is moov and "all pictures," both of which are the same pics. The gallery of everything I've shot is just gone.:eek::eek::eek:

I plugged into my computer, the dci folder was empty, no photos.

Does anyone out there know what may have happened or where the gallery might be hiding? Or are they just gone forever, S.O.L.?

Thanks for any help!

2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    After each photo taken did you go into gallery and check to see if it was there?

I'm guessing you may have a faulty SD card...so it's not writing properly...

I'm not sure if the phone allows pictures to be saved to the phone's memory...

Try reformatting your card and taking some more pictures...and checking the gallery after each snap..

If you want to try and find your old photos...I'd say try and get a file recovery application on your computer and check the SD card...

My camera works just fine, so I don't reckon it's the update that caused...unless it's a dodgy update...