Entry level Q's ... Storm 1 user hereGeneral

Last Updated:

1. vapordub

vapordub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As a Storm 1 user, I have many frustrations regarding my "smartphone" experience. Not sure I need to go into my problems as they are well known to most who follow smartphone tech.

I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket so I guess my question is the Eris worth upgrading too from the Storm (one, not the Storm Two)?

For those who will say get the Droid, that's out of the question. My boss has one, I hate how big it is, I'd stick with the Storm before I did that. AND to to those who will say wait for the new phone coming out ... meh. There will be something out after that too. And I read about the new chips soon to be launched ... and I'd have 30 days to see if anything develops.

FWIW: I've searched and found a few "I switched and I love it" threads, but was wondering if I'd really see a difference in the two platforms and phones.

Thanks, Eric

Advertisement
  2. chaisaci

chaisaci New Member

I had the storm 1 and after many issues was given the storm 2, no better than the first after multiple returns I was given the option to switch to the Eris so I did, I haven't had it very long-but so far I love it! It is taking some getting used to as it's very different, IMO, than the Storm, but once I figure it all out I am sure I will still love it!

3. chaisaci

chaisaci New Member

Duh, I didnt really answer your questions! Yes there is a difference in the platforms and the phones themselves. The Eris is much faster, reactionary, than the Storm, the Touch screen is more sensitive (IMO) and easier to use. The browser is faster, the apps seem better. All in all I have to say that I am very impressed, much more so than with the storm.
    Kayti

4. vapordub

vapordub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I really like the look of the OS. I really like the fact that it's open and that you can get free apps. I also really like the size of the phone, you can barely feel it in your pocket (that's what she said). Unlike all the BB line and the Droid. I'm not really a holster kind a guy.

I've read some thing here about people complaining about slowness. I'm used to that with my Storm 1. I'm really getting sick of my phone locking up when deleting a text message, or even worse, when it's displaying the time at night and my alarm doesn't go off! Happens once a week, don't even use it as an alarm clock any more. Sad.