Epad

Last Updated:

1. joehkc

joehkc Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, new user, retired Avaya installer/repair and new Android user. Very much a fan of Linux and now the new Android software. My question is how does the Goole Epad stack up as an alternative to the Ipad.

My 11 year old granddaughter wantrd an Ipad, mainly for email, videos and browsing. She has a pc and is somewhat accomplished on it, but uses it mostly for email and games. Just wanted an opinion if the lower cost 7" unit would work well for her as opposed to the higher cost 16GB or 32GB Ipad.

Thanks...Joe

Advertisement
  2. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

It would probably work fine.
    The issue with kids is that she might be an oddball with an epad while all the other kids have an ipad... I think you see where this is going.

Or.. it could backfire... and the other kids like her epad more than their ipads :p

joehkc likes this.
  3. joehkc

Thanks for your quick reply

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Personally I'd suggest looking for something else. The ePad is a Chinese knockoff tablet. Most have quirks and support is almost non-existant outside of forums like this and others.

Take a look at tablets like the Archos 70 and 101 which are newly released to the market. The Viewsonic G-pad is also a good one though I think its software needs some work. I heard that Sylvania is now releasing an inexpensive tablet but know little about it.

When you can check out the Tablets & Mids forum for more information on these and other tablets that might suit her needs...

Tablets & MIDs - Android Forums

joehkc likes this.
  5. joehkc

Thank you, I appreciate the input