• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic 4G and Link2SD

Pedro Fabian

Lurker
May 2, 2016
Hi. Recently tried this app, link2SD, on an old Samsung Epic 4g that I flashed clockwork onto and got Cyanogenmod 11 on. I used a 16 gig sd card. Used mini partition wizard to create two partitions, one fat32 and the other ext 2.
Got everything working
Im having a problem however. The phone was acting strange. So i decided to restart. Tried to reformat in mini partition wizard but couldn't. Tried formatting through windows and cmd but couldnt either. Tried reformatting through phone and then through AParted and neither could either (couldnt even unmount). Aparted said SD Card didnt mount correctly.

Went into adb and ran this command
# e2fsck -fpDC0 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
and got
"Error reading block 5038083 (Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read) while getting next inode from scan."

Pretty sure SD Card isnt dead. Link2SD works fine now and can read the second partition, I just wanna undo it. It seems Link2SD Write Protected it or something. Because everytime i delete the partitions or delete files on the part of the SD Card I can access, it just rebuilds itself.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones