Epic 4g available august 11 ??

Last Updated:

1. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was at my local Radio Shack (now "The Shack") yesterday afternoon asking about HTC EVO availability and asked if they had any information on the new EPIC 4G. They had just received their display model of it and let me handle it. It is just a tiny bit bigger than my HTC Hero, and it fit snugly in my Blackberry Tour holster that I carry my Hero in.

They told me it should be arriving soon. I pressed them for a date, they looked at their paperwork and told me it should be available around 11 August.

Advertisement
  2. Zdidge

Zdidge Well-Known Member

I want it now!

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

lol me too!

4. anonymous2

anonymous2 Active Member

Wow, you handled the display model of the Epic? No way! How was that? I cannot wait! I stopped at a tmobile store in the fair oaks mall yesterday & checked out a working vibrant. It was surely fantastic! That screen really was sweet & it was so light! I hope we hear more about our Epic 4G soon!

5. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

6. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

I will swing by a shack today to see if they have a dummy phone. If they do, I'll attempt to snap some pics next to my hero

7. WarStoke

WarStoke Active Member

i work for the shack we dont have dummy for the epic and the sprint info we have been given was just that we would be notified by the end of the month for pre order process
    what they probly had in store was an intercept dummy or the captavate or vibrant dummy we have both of those in my store

8. K4KAI

While at the store, we compared the EPIC "dummy phone" (which has Sprint's logo on it) to the Intercept's image on their computer. We put it next to the INTERCEPT image and the bottom front of the phone was different. They had two INTERCEPT phones in the back of the store. I don't know why they weren't on display. One of the sales girls there said they had already sold 1or 2 INTERCEPTs. Yesterday, I was in the store chatting with them about a half an hour.

If you work for The Shack, just call their Culpeper, VA store and ask them about it. They have a huge cellular display there, so much so, they should change their name to "The Cell Phone Shack" :D.

9. K4KAI

Sorry, no pics. I haven't used the camera (video or still) on my Hero yet, even though I have had it over six months. As I have aged, and have had multiple eye surgeries, I have lost much of my ability to focus on smaller items, so I generally don't try to use the camera.

On my computer, with a 20" screen, I have to expand the page size to full screen to comfortably read it, and then it is still a strain. When I use my Hero, I carry drugstore +250 reading glasses to be able to utilize many of the apps.

Getting old is awful, but it sure beats the alternative. :confused:

10. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Oh well. We'll see if more start showing up. :)

11. pooginowski

pooginowski Active Member

I really hope that is the release date!

12. wodin6

wodin6 Well-Known Member

....so it didn't happen?

p.s. I haven't made it to the shack yet

13. rasstar

rasstar Well-Known Member

That's the same thing I would say.

I actually just called the radio shack and she said that they do not have a demo but said it will be out August 10th. A lot of times these reps don't know jack so I wouldn't call it a confirmation. If Radio Shack really knew the date someone would have leaked it a long time ago.

14. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

If it was going to be released this soon, they would have pre-orders available already. You have to figure at least a month of pre-order time.

15. mattism78

mattism78 Well-Known Member

Why do you have to figure a month of pre-order time? The iPhone 4 had it's pre-sale 9 days prior to release. These days it's about how fast you get the product out, not how long you can hype it.

16. Nightfury82

Nightfury82 Active Member

August 6th would be the perfect date for me. I could get my plan changed before my new billing cycle begins (August 8th).

17. jzh797

jzh797 Member

Apple kinda already has hype built in at this point and don't have to work too hard at it. Comparing the already built in hype of the Apple iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S isn't quite fair. None of my non-techie friends really know what the Galaxy S phones are. Even more, nobody knows what AMOLED or DLNA is.

Regardless, Sprint... come'on get this thing out and Ill provide the hype.

18. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

August 11th is Wed and it does not make sense. Shouldn't it be a Sunday when Sprint releases new phones?

19. Nightfury82

Nightfury82 Active Member

The Evo came out on a Friday.

20. hampstenj

hampstenj Active Member

actually Sprint is more a Saturday release usually I thought...

21. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Sprint usually releases on weekends Fri-Sun Wed doesn't make any sense 6-8th or 2-4th would make more sense. They release on weekends to get more sales on release day since these are the days ppl usually have off and go to the malls and such.

22. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

EvO released on a Fri

23. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

I sent a direct message to Samsung twitter account and got this reply:

[​IMG]

I was hoping for the phone release sooner just like the rest of you but it is what it is..

24. droid51378

droid51378 Well-Known Member

Okay, so I called every shack, best buy & sprint store within 50 miles and not one if them have a demo phone, would take a pre order our would speculate on a release date. I am not tring too be negative nancy, my 30 days is about to be up on my evo and I would much prefer the epic.

25. nismospec

nismospec Well-Known Member

I may be the only person out there who is willing to wait. My upgrade isn't available til September 1. C'mon September! j/k.

Course at this rate, I may be dead on.