• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

epic 4g or evo?

pirate943

Apr 29, 2010
my brother want to get his first smartphone for sprint and asked him what i thought. naturally, android is the only real option. but, when taking a look at the sprint phone choices i saw the evo and epic to be the 2 best choices (i thought they had the g2, but i guess i was wrong). i really like the sense ui, but the super amoled would be nice to. anyways, whats your take on those 2? and if you have any other options let me hear them!

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/239206-trying-pick-phone.html

And - if he likes Sense and a slide-out keyboard, the Evo Shift 4G is coming January 9 - it's rumored to be very G2-like on the inside.

Oh - and the whole update to 2.2 for the Epic is confusing - seems like they pulled it back or I was referring to a leaked version or something when I wrote in that earlier thread.

Evo-family and Epic are great choices, hard to see going wrong with either.

Personally - I prefer HTC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones