• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Epic 4g screen issues

My Epic screen has been flakey on my last trip. Several times the screen would not respond to being touched. The keyboard would work but not the screen.

Reboot did not clear it up but then suddenly it worked again. Now it has done this several times.

Back in town and will take it in for service, just wondering if anyone else has been having problems.

It pretty much is stock with latest updates.

Doug

Yeah I've had a similar issue, but not as much as of late. Just as a heads up I did try to send it to Samsung. They did a factory reset and nothing else. You're better off getting service via sprint for the $35 IMHO.

Thanks for responding.

Did they fix it? I have the insurance and it seems that it is a phone issue, so why the charge?

Upvote 0
I have this issue as well. I do have insurance so I'll get it over to Sprint when I get a chance, but this is really annoying to deal with especially when I cannot hang up a call or use Swype to type certain characters.

I have yet to hear any responses from people where they have been able to get this resolved, which has me concerned.

Upvote 0
I took my epic in because for 1/2 day screen would not work and I could not put up with it anymore. I took it to a service center in San Jose where we are visiting.

Screen did not work until I walked into the store and of course it started working and I could not prove it was bad. But they took my word for it. They replaced the screen and it has been working fine.

While my phone was in the shop over night my wife's Epic started to do the same thing. So I picked up mine and put hers in and it was fixed 2 hours later.

No charge for either phone since we had total protection. Sprint was great and did not hassle me and honored their protection plan.

Doug

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones