1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Epic 4g Touch on MetroPCS

Last Updated:

1. MartyMcFly85

MartyMcFly85 Active Member

Ok so I have flashed the s2 to MetroPCS and for the most part everything works. The things I cannot seem to get to work is 3G data and MMS. I have 1X working but it is defiling this phone! I can barely surf the net let alone download anything

My question, is the anyone in this forum who has the Epic 4G Touch on MEtroPCS with 3G working? I have the $40 plan. The doner phone was on EVDO/3G with this plan. So Im hoping someone could share their setting config.

Ive seen 2 forums out the with tuts on how to do this and neither get 3G. I even copied data settings from the doner to the s2 and tried settings from a LG Optimus M on MetroPCS

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

Advertisement
  2. mv670

mv670 Well-Known Member

Interesting, mine is flashed to Boost mobile and I am having the same problem as you.....
  3. MartyMcFly85

Did you flash it yourself? If so, what tutorial did you follow? I have found many for boost but only a few for metropcs.
  4. wolf112

wolf112 New Member

Hi, I have the same phone ss2 Epic 4G Touch on MEtroPCS with 3G working, the only thing that I dont have is picture messaging. Its work with any latest metro prl, But I did not flashed my phone, someone else did.
  5. mv670

mv670 Well-Known Member

Someone else flashed mine. I have internet and 3G working. Sending MMS is the problem. Updating to FF18 didnt help either.
  6. evo3d6

evo3d6 New Member

If you go and google mms fix for samsung galaxy epic 4g touch theres a whole section on doing the data yourself I personally did it myself and is working better than I could imagine. It does take a bit of reading and some patience but it gives you the step by step and all the programs you will need to do the data on your phone I currently am looking for the best prl to put on to see if I can get faster speeds even tho right now they are pretty decent. If you have any questions just message me and I will help you thru it.
  7. MartyMcFly85

Could you give me the link to the tutorial you found evo? I've only found a hand full and not 1 has gotten the 3g working. Also the APNs wont stick either. Everytime I enter one in it disappears. I don't think that has anything 2 do with the 3g though. I believe its because I opened mms before I entered the APN.
  8. Peiko

Peiko Active Member

I have the same issue. Does any one know how to fix it or is it impossible?? As for the mms,I havent even rooted or tried the steps by bloodykill. Ill update tonight to see if they work.
  9. chicano

chicano Well-Known Member

I have mine flashed over on the $40 plan with EVERYTHING working. With 3g working flawlessly.

To get mms working, check out Atinder's post at xda developer- that is how I got my mms working...credit goes to Atinder.
    Samsung Epic 4g Touch MetroPCS Flash Guide - xda-developers

Good luck to you.
  10. Peiko

Peiko Active Member

How did u get the 3g to work? I get 120kbps dwn speed. I wlild like it to be a lot faster. Thnks for the mms fix. Worked like a charm.
  11. aboatright

aboatright Well-Known Member

12. Peiko

Peiko Active Member

Wolf112 and chicano what are your 3g speeds looking like? Ping,dwn,up rate. If u dont mind can you both share how you did it to make it work so great ") would love to get some decent speeds. Im in dallas and I kno 3g is fully blown here for metro.

ABC guy lol (thats what i kno u mainly by . I had an admire before I got this EP4G touch") I had the same issue untill I re-flashed the prl on qpst .I also had to re-do the mms fix. We really need a fix for this 3g metro.
  13. aboatright

I'm not sure how many of us are using this phone for metro? ABC guy...lol...that is funny...I guess i know how people see me :) yes..yes..i am the abc guy.
    ABC will be announcing for this phone soon. :listen:
  14. Droidomatic

Droidomatic Member

I had the same problem. no mms.
    had the epic 4g touch. flashed locally to metro.
    internet good..all was fine..but no mms..
    I had first flashed on boost..data was faster then on metro.
  15. aboatright

is your mms working now?
  16. aboatright

did you try the alienware rom for the conquer?
  17. Droidomatic

Droidomatic Member

no don't have the epic 4g touch anymore..sorry..gave it to a family member.
    but I never really bothered with mms..but everything else worked fine.
  18. aboatright

i never really cared much about the mms...but the wife keeps sending me pics and i had to start getting them to avoid the "look"....you know what i mean!! all wifes have that "look"...lol
  19. Peiko

Peiko Active Member

Its a respect thing tho. I def like what the team is bringing to the table and the diversity , dev skills its great . Keep up tge great work .
  20. aboatright

Thanks boss...we are gonna kick it on this phone. I like to rock what I use..and I am using epic! Been playing with a build for this phone in between the other 7 or 8 we are building for right now.. Though we have only officially announced for 3 ...
  21. owanef

owanef Active Member

please tell me were u found the tutorial to flash the phone to metro. i see links in the thread but those are not links on how to flash the phone. i have a phone already connected to metro so i hope i can use it as the doner. i need a link that tells me how to flash the epic touch 4g right from sprint to metro. EVERY STEP FROM START TO END.
  22. evo3d6

evo3d6 New Member

23. owanef

owanef Active Member

your (F)ing awesome bro, thanxX
  24. d1str1ct69

d1str1ct69 New Member

my phone was also flashed bi some1 els, and everything is working exept the mms.... let me know if u find a solution.. :)
  25. ChemicalM

ChemicalM New Member