• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Epic 4G- Volume

Hi String
I am sorry but I really have no idea what some of your question is....I bought a Jambra blue tooth from Brookstone and it works great with my Samsung Epic 4g cell phone but when I undo the blue tooth option and shut it off, the cell phone volume goas down to nothing and I have to turn the phone on and off to get thevolume back to normal....this does not seem right to me....

Upvote 0
My volume is super low. I can barely hear the ringer and notifications even when I set it on full blast. I'm not sure if this is happening after I go on my Jabra bluetooth, but now that you mention it, I'll look into it. I definitely know this is not right because I can barely hear calls coming in. I'll check on this forum to see if anyone else is having low volume issues.

Update: Yep, I definitely have a volume issue because it works fine after I restart the phone (turn off/on). I'll give another update if I can relate this to Bluetooth. I'll likely go back to the Sprint store if this persist. I've had my phone for 2 weeks now and my 4 weeks trial is almost up so I better get this figured out. I've missed a lot of calls and messages because of this.

Upvote 0
I'm confirming now that this is definitely bluetooth related and that the volume goes low after I connect to my Jabra unit. The unit I use is the one that you clip on the sun visor in your car. I don't have the model number handy, but it works fine when it's connected. Once I disconnect the bluetooth, I lose the volume on everything (incoming ringer, notifications and even when I just play audio from the web). Once I turn off the phone, it's all good again. I can repeat this every time. I'll keep you guys posted as I find more info on this, but definitely going to the Sprint store sooner than later.

Upvote 0
Same problem here. Ringer and notification sounds barely audible unless phone is turned off and on again. Never had this problem until after EC05 update. I have a Parrot bluetooth in car. I initially also had Bluetooth synching problems after the EC05 update, that was corrected by a hard reset, and updating the Bluetooth firmware...the low volume problems though did not clear up despite the hard reset. The problem is...it is an inconsistent problem...I am still trying to figure out what triggers the volume reduction.

Upvote 0
I took my phone into the sprint store for this exact thing... We did a hard reset, it sucked losing some things, but I have not had the problem again. Before I did the reset, I had to do a batt pull every time. It has been 3 weeks and no problems so far. I am using the same bluetooth devices and all is good.... so far....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones