Epic Camera info?

Last Updated:

1. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am trying to decide between an EVO and an Epic, and one of the key features I am concerned about is the camera. After spening some time on the Evo forums, I have a pretty good idea what the camera will do. I know the Epic has fewer megapixels, but that doesn't mean worse pictures. Anyone have any good info on what the Epic's camera will be like? Ideally some sort of comparison of something besides megapixels would be awesome!

Thanks!

Cad

Advertisement
  2. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

go look at reviews - they have comparison pics. also i think consensus is that epic main camera seems better even tho less mp however the front facing camera for video conferencing of the evo is better. at least that was my take.

3. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can you suggest a specific one? I have seen comparisons of the front camera, which I am not concerned about. The reviews I have seen mention the megapixel difference, and not much else.

Thanks!

Cad

4. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Megapixel size doesn't mean anything other than how big the picture will/can be after taking a shot. If the camera sensor takes bad pictures more megapixels will make an already bad picture look worse by making it bigger.

What you want to aim for is a good camera sensor that does well in low light conditions, no cellphone will excel at this no matter what anyone tells you a phone simply will not be able to contend with a decent point and shoot. That said some are better than others, the Epic is rumored (I say rumored because I haven't played with it yet) to have a very good camera sensor we'll see.

5. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

Check this:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g/161162-epic-camera-sample-pictures.html