Last Updated:

1. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

What's this driver for? Do we need it if our computer sees the epic?

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

can't get my W7x64 machine to see it. Keeps giving me this:
    I even downloaded the the drivers from Samsung, rebooted and used different cables. No issue with my Evo. Weird.

5. dblankenburg

dblankenburg Member

I haven't been able to get either of my computers to recognize the Epic, in spite of downloading the drivers from Samsung. I just get a message that the USB device has malfunctioned and to try again. This is on an XP machine and a Vista machine. I had to remove the micro SD card and copy files directly to it in order to transfer anything.

6. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

funny thing... Tried a cheap microUSB cable and it didn't work. It also doesn't even charge my Evo. Crap meritline cable. Tried a halfway decent mini USB cable with the Motorola microUSB adapter. Also nothing.nSo I'm like, "fine, I'll open the OEM Samsung cable" which I hate opening their accessories for reselling purposes. Well that too failed. I leave home and go back to the shore. Have a heavy duty 3rd party cable (nice 5ft one) I've been using down here (on a working vaca and left a bunch of stuff at the shore as I go back and forth). I try that with my winXP laptop and it works just fine. Now I need to try it on my W7x64 laptop at home which I won't be able to do till labor day. Will like to see if it's the cable or the machine. But winXP installed the drivers just fine.

So for people that are having issues, try a quality 3rd party cable (ie. not from meritline, dealextreme, focalprice and such) and see how that works. Then if it does and the OEM one doesn't, complain to sprint. I'll report back when I get home to see if it really is the cable or the machine.

7. Tomislaus

Tomislaus New Member