Epic has flash and LED indicator?? WTH??

Last Updated:

1. whitenerj

whitenerj Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just saw my first review on the Epic for Sprint and saw that it has an LED flash and an LED indicator for missing calls, etc... WTH!!!! Why would Samsung give Sprint users a better phone than us??? I sure would have liked the LED's on my captivate. Man that makes me upset. Why wouldn't they have all the same features on every phone in the Galaxy series. JEEZZ!!!

Advertisement
  2. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

The Epic is the Galaxy S Pro, slightly different then the Captivate.

The following phones are the same "build" and do not ahve LED notifications (from what I know):

The Vibrant
    Fascinate
    Captivate
    Galaxy S

Its not that they have a better phone then us, its a different "build". It also has a qwerty keyboard that slides down. So yes its a part of the Galaxy S line, but is the Pro version so it comes with slightly different hardware.

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

go buy one and suffer with the sprint coverage if you want an led so much

Ogami Itto and SeriousBizznass like this.
  4. SeriousBizznass

SeriousBizznass Well-Known Member

This.

The whining in this forum is getting a little obnoxious.

5. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

I would like to think they gave them a flash and led to distract them from the ugliness of the phone (slider). Not my cup of tea personally but to each his/her own.

Att = iPhone, so they designed the captivate in a way as to not steal some thunder, aye? Didn't work - at least for me. :)

6. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

Because AT&T's is really any better?

The Fascinate is probably the best overall Galaxy S when it comes to features, looks, and network in US.

7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

umm yes, my family travels alot and never lose service with att, sprints coverage is poor. i live in a place where there is very little sprint coverage for over an hour in any direction. at least with att you know there is coverage just about everywhere

8. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

AT&T gets a bad rap. The whipping boy of cell providers. They are the only one who has the iPhone which makes them even more appealing to whip.

Anyway to the OP it has been known that the Epic 4G would have these extra features for a while now. I would agree with you that it doesn't make sense for the 4 listed above to not have a LED flash. The LED indicators I don't particularly like but I also see no reason why they should not have been included. As for the front facing camera...it is useless. I won't go into why as it has been stated many times before. So I guess the point of my post is why are you mad? Because you just found out about these other features missing from our phone and would have made the jump to sprint had you known otherwise? If so you should have done some research. I just don't see the point of this post except informing people who didn't know about the features of a phone they don't have.

9. whitenerj

whitenerj Active Member This Topic's Starter

I would never switch to Sprint. I never knew anything much about the Epic until today. I love AT&T and my Captivate will suffice but I'm just venting that Samsung should have had those features included on all 4 Galaxy S's.

10. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

lol /thread

11. jonE5

jonE5 Well-Known Member

I HATE LED indicators. Seriously if hte captivate had one, id rather flush it down the toilet than have to carry a dam flashing toy with me all day long.

Thank goodness it doesnt have one.

12. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Sorry if I was a little bit of an ass.

13. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

They all share the same processor. The only "real difference out of the Galaxy S (captivate, vibrant, fascinate) line-up is verizons phone. It has a camera flash.

14. ComradeQuestion

ComradeQuestion Well-Known Member

yea the epic has a keyboard as well is that ATT's fault too? lol

15. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

You think that phone looks the best? I bet you loved the looks of the iPhone too.

Also, let us know how that phone works when you have to travel overseas - oh, that's right CDMA only works in the US (mostly).

I have had service with all carriers - they all have pros and cons - AT&T is not the best, but they do have the greatest coverage area. If you travel outside North America, then you can't really go for a CDMA phone.

But these are all choices one makes when one buys a phone - if you want an LED, then get a phone with an LED - don't complain that yours doesn't have one.

16. Germanguy

Germanguy Member

What I really would love to have is a consumer grade IR port so I can change channels on TVs in restaurant and bars and drive people nuts. Loved that feature on the Samsung from Verizon many years back when verizon first rolled out EVDO.

17. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

Because that is what Sprint wanted.

Samsung builds custom phones for their customers (carriers).

18. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

this is a semi true statement. The builds of the phones are all concepts. They lay the concepts out to the carriers. The carriers are allowed to nix things and request features to be added and or removed from the concepts.

The 4 phones that were to be released all at once the new galaxy S line were all identical minus the sliding keyboard version.

All 4 models had flash, led and front facing cameras in concept. The lack of use in overall market testing is why the front facing camera got the nix for most of them, honestly how much does it REALLY get used, on tmob it would have looked like a pixel talking to a pixel. On ATT it got nix because of the iphone and the reasons go on.

Lets stop the bitching enjoy your phones, you bought it because you liked it. If it isnt what you want go buy something else and find things to bitch about on it also. Nothings perfect nor will it ever be.

/end rant.

19. ChefNsm

ChefNsm Member

Oh the Tension, haha! it feels as heavy as Florida's humidity. lol!:D