Epic is acting "sluggish"Support

Last Updated:

1. dr_straker

dr_straker New Member This Topic's Starter

No more than an hour ago, my Epic started feeling sluggish. The Swype wasn't as smooth as it has been, entering apps took long moments when it use to be fast, pressing the bottom buttons always took a longer moment than usual.

I DL'd the Task Killer a week ao and it was working great. I made sure I killed programs that weren't being used, but it still felt slow.

I just now turned it off for a few minutes. About to turn it on again and see if the problem persists.

Is there something I should be looking for? Something I can do?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Is Juice Defender installed?

3. dr_straker

dr_straker New Member This Topic's Starter

4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

Juice defender certainly wont help lag. Im not sure if having it turned on will cause lag though.

I've noticed sluggishness in my Epic as well. Particularly with playing 3D games. The games will run smooth but hiccup\stutter ever 5-10 seconds... which is almost just as bad as a low framerate. Dunno what's up with it...

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Here's your problem... ' task killer '. They do nothing but harm in 98.9% of all situations. Get rid of it, restart your phone, then see how things work. I have yet to use ANY task killers on my phone (I have system panel to monitor things however; different subject) and it has 0 issues with lag or stuttering.

6. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

were you using gps? i get slowdown if i've used gps until reboot time. only times phone gets sluggish on me :(

7. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member

In some cases it's been known for Task Killer to slow down devices. The Epic already has a built in one so maybe they're conflicting and slowing down the device. If it was slowing down before that then I am not really sure. Is there anything you did right before it started to slow down?

8. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

wheres the like button lol! .. i agree & been urging ppl to leave them alone

9. sleipner

sleipner Active Member

Mine started yesterday, sometimes it takes almost a minute before I can unlock the screen. I disabled juice defender, and it still happens. This was before the update, so I don't guess that has an effect.

edit - I think it has to do with the charging state. I will do some checking with the two wall & two car chargers I have.

10. CMNDR

CMNDR Well-Known Member

No sure if anyone solved this issue or not but I just recently got the Epic 4G and have noticed that it can be quite sluggish compared to the EVO. Is it because of the difference in RAM sies or something different?