• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Epic not connecting to laptop via USB

vweezy

Lurker
Jan 7, 2011
A couple of weeks ago my epic stopped connecting to my laptop... i have no idea why. Ive tried multiple different computers, different usb cords, checked my usb debugging, downloaded samsung driver for windows 7 none of it helps... tried resetting the phone also... there used to be a notification pop up which let me select if i wanted to do a mass storage or just charge my phone, now nothing.... any ideas?

Also when i go to tethering under settings... it doesnt let me check it... says there is no usb device connected??? any idea on why my phone is not recognizing the usb cord?

You've gone through every possibility except the hardware port on your phone. You could well have a defective device.

Changing computers was smart, if the other machines have the proper drivers for your phone.

That along with the reset should have washed out just about all possibilities with the exception of a defective USB connection/receptacle.

Upvote 0
A couple of weeks ago my epic stopped connecting to my laptop... i have no idea why. Ive tried multiple different computers, different usb cords, checked my usb debugging, downloaded samsung driver for windows 7 none of it helps... tried resetting the phone also... there used to be a notification pop up which let me select if i wanted to do a mass storage or just charge my phone, now nothing.... any ideas?

Also when i go to tethering under settings... it doesnt let me check it... says there is no usb device connected??? any idea on why my phone is not recognizing the usb cord?

2 things. shut the phone off and remove the battery. wait 60 seconds. Start again. make sure you plug the usb into the phone first, then into the pc. good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones