EPIC over EVO??? Or not?

Last Updated:

1. jtcannonball

jtcannonball Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a EVO and returned it b/c the battery issue would drive me absolutely nuts as well as all the other "issues" with glass and light leakage to the point I decide to return my phone and wait for the Samsung. Ok, I don't care about the keyboard that much, I think I say that now but could flip flop my opinion really fast after using it for a substantial period. However I can't seem to find good data that compares the battery usage between the two phones and I also have a question about the internet usage. Does 3g work well for browsing or is that suffering from the upload issue? I'm confused on this issue and what it exactly means, I send occasional picture mails but thats about all my uploading uses.

I'm not bashing the EVO if the battery was better I would never have gotten rid of the phone. I just want to know before I buy a EPIC.

Thanks

jtcannonball

Advertisement
  2. vertcobra99

vertcobra99 Well-Known Member

my battery life before the sept 16th update was pretty good. I was using juice defender and was getting about a day and a half out of my phone with pretty moderate usage.

Now since the update I have been noticing a 2-3 % drop per hour with no usage and airplane mode on. Which is rediculous. When I get out of work the phone is now at 70% not even touching it the entire day with airplane mode on. It used to be about 93-94% before. I don't know what the hell is going on.

3. jtcannonball

jtcannonball Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That is exactly the reason I got rid of my EVO but I must say I think the EVO was significantly worse (at least mine was) than that. I really only browse the internet occasionally but mainly use the phone for multimedia uses, like podcasts and music with the occasional youtube video. But my old Hero sucks and it doesn't even do that partial stuff well, so I was thinking of getting the epic instead. Are the Samsung slants accurate? Do they not keep there products current and up to date with support? I never heard this before but then again I haven't been looking at Samsung phones in a long time.