Epic rebooted during phone call.. Anyone else?

Last Updated:

1. simkin101

simkin101 Member This Topic's Starter

I love the Epic... but I ran into a potentially major problem this morning that I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced:

I was talking on the phone, and another call came in (call waiting). Suddenly, my phone just restarted itself. Fortunately the reboot time is very fast, but of all the bugs to possibly run into on any cell phone, the scariest is the idea of dropping calls.

I am convinced this may be a software glitch that will get fixed with an update. But I wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone else is having this issue. I still have 30 days to swap out for another Epic, but I won't waste my time if it's an issue that is common...

Advertisement
  2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Have you been able to duplicate the problem? I work in telecoms/IT and that's the first thing that popped in my head. Try getting a couple of friends or family members to help you out with this. Get on a call with one and have the other dial you while you're on the first call and see if it happens again. Try it a few times to see if you can get it to happen again.

I'd be interested to hear about your results. While I don't get multiple incoming calls a lot, it certainly happens enough (work related) that it would be a real problem for me. I haven't purchased the Epic yet, but I'm intending to buy it at some point and this could be an issue to be aware of.

3. simkin101

So far no further issue.. and I had multiple calls while talking on the phone today. I will post updates if it happens again. I love my Epic, for the record. Soooo blazing fast! Even bootup from full power down only takes about 15 seconds.

4. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Well that's good to hear. I wonder what caused it to happen the one time? Don't you just love technology? :D

5. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

My Epic rebooted when I was trying to adjust the weather widget. I tried to replicate it later and it was fine. So the OP isn't the only person that has his epic rebooted for some odd reason.

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

The EVO is notorious for rebooting in calls. Usually the rebooting is being caused by a software problem and usually something you downloaded to the phone. If it keeps up you will have to do a master reset and wipe everything out and start all over this usually fixes the conflicts.

7. simkin101

Android XTC-- I agree with your comment. I find that it's usually a software issue also. Especially on the phones with non-standard OSes (i.e. Samsung with TouchWiz or HTC with Sense UI).

At the time my phone rebooted, I did not have any added software. It was basically 1 day old, and I really hadn't played with it much yet. I have since done a software reset (for other reasons), and I have not experienced this problem again. So that's a good thing. :) I'm glad other people haven't been complaining about frequent reboots.

8. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

I had my Evo reboot mid phone call several times but so far not with the Epic. Rebooting can also be caused by software updates coming in from the server and it seems that these smart phones don't care if you are in the middle of a conversation or a download once it loads if it needs a reboot it just does it mid call or whatever else.