Epic through the car stereoSupport

Last Updated:

1. clarkm82

clarkm82 Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought the epic today. So far so good.

I hook my phone up to a tape deck adapter in my car to talk on the phone. I hooked the epic up to it today and I could hear the person on the other end talking through my speakers but they couldn't hear me.

This used to work on one of the first Palm Pre's I got but when I had to get a new one it never worked again on it. Anybody know a fix to this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

Sometimes 3.5mm connectors can trigger the headset with microphone instead of just audio out. Look at the top of the phone to see if the notification is for headset or headphones.

3. clarkm82

I don't see any notification pop up when I plug it in. When I plug headphones in, I am able to talk but when I plug my tape adapter in, i can just listen.

4. javafreak

javafreak New Member

Take a look at headset's plug. If it has three black rings with four distinct metal sections then it has left audio, right audio, microphone and ground. If it has just two lines and three metal sections then is just left and right audio with no microphone. The one with just two lines will let you hear people but they will not be able to hear you. You can get an adapter cable from Monster cables or get the Jupiter Jack RF adapter instead.

nickw511 and clarkm82 like this.
  5. clarkm82

That's exactly what it is. My headphones have the 4 metal sections and the tape adapter has 3. I will look for an adapter.

Its weird because I could have sworn it worked at one point with my old Pre. Oh well. Thanks a lot for the answer.