Epic Will Not Format 32GB SD Says Card Damaged But Evo Will Just Fine Epic Glitch?Support

Last Updated:

1. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

Well I finally got around transferring my 32Gig card out of my Evo and into the Epic. After I put it in I decided to clean it and reformat it in the Epic. Epic starts the format then comes up with a message "card damaged cant format". I put the same card in the Evo and it formatted just fine and then worked in the Epic. Then I tried to format it again in the Epic and again I get the card damaged pop up. Again it reformatted just fine in the Evo. Any ideas anyone else get this message? Just to add I tried to format a smaller card in the Epic and it was able to format that fine. Once the 32gig card is formatted in the Evo it will work fine in the Epic.

Advertisement
  2. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Huh....that is weird. Maybe the Epic is more picky with reading cards than the Evo is? I've seen this before with one of my memory sticks, where my laptop wouldn't format it in its card slot but when I put it in my card reader on my PC, it formatted with no problems. It's kind of like when on CD player will play a scratched CD flawlessly while another player skips every time it sees a scratch. For me, this wouldn't be too big of a deal as I don't see me formatting it much. You may even just want to take the phone in and have them try a different card in it to see if it will format another 32GB card. It's possible your card is damaged but the Evo just isn't catching the issue.