1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

EPL Football/Soccer Widget??

Last Updated:

1. RSayer

RSayer Member This Topic's Starter

Hey just wondered if anyone knows a good EPL Football/Soccer widget, i'd like to just be able to go to one of my screens and check the scores for teams that are playing updating say minute by minute... or maybe only updating when a team scores, I'm currently using the Soccer Livescores app and its nice and fast but i think i'd prefer just a simple widget, i've also tried out FotMob 4.0.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. drathos

drathos Guest

SportsTap includes the major Football/Soccer leagues. You can set favorite teams and receive notifications on start/end of game/period and change of score, but I had to disable it as it was driving me insane with updates for Hockey. It would notify at random times in the game without a change in score and repeatedly notify me after the game ended. Perhaps you'll have better luck with the EPL games.

The widget will show the scores of current/finished games or the time of upcoming games.

Also, one thing I noticed with the soccer bit is that if your team is both in the EPL and UEFA Champion's League, you have to mark it in both leagues or you only get notified in one.

3. MYandroidUSERNAME

MYandroidUSERNAME Well-Known Member

first, this isnt gonna update minute by minute..best it can do is every score, but it does have a widget. google scoreboard lets you pick favorites...and it has the EPL in it's list. you can try to favorite all 20 epl teams and it should work ok.

sportstap would be my second choice. it's been so long since i set it up that i didn't even know it had the epl in it, i only follow ac milan which is why i like scoreboard, but id try both since neither of them are the fastest to update...sometimes neither do at all on my phone, but i dont think there's a better option than these two.

4. RSayer

Thanks for the replies i'm gonna download both and give them a try... i suppose every score will be better than every minute anyway because it won't use as much data. Thanks for the replies!

5. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I have sportstap but you can't select EPL teams for favorites which sucks. Might have to give Google Scoreboard a try.

6. RSayer

Yeah i've just tried the same, can only select NFL and NBA etc. as favourites.

Got scoreboard on and selected all teams as favorites but only my actual team to notify me after goals etc, hopefully this will cut down on the 3g data being passed.

7. rubi76

rubi76 Well-Known Member

try FotMob 4.5
    Best application out there for updated results, live games, fixtures for any soccer league.
    It's also free.

8. bruno386

bruno386 Member

Hey if you are still looking for an EPL home screen widget for Android check out mine I have just published! Its a work in progress but its free and I hope it is of use to somebody out there :D

market:// "EPL Fixtures Widget"

9. scouseefc

scouseefc Well-Known Member

live scores