• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EPL Football/Soccer Widget??

Hey just wondered if anyone knows a good EPL Football/Soccer widget, i'd like to just be able to go to one of my screens and check the scores for teams that are playing updating say minute by minute... or maybe only updating when a team scores, I'm currently using the Soccer Livescores app and its nice and fast but i think i'd prefer just a simple widget, i've also tried out FotMob 4.0.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

SportsTap includes the major Football/Soccer leagues. You can set favorite teams and receive notifications on start/end of game/period and change of score, but I had to disable it as it was driving me insane with updates for Hockey. It would notify at random times in the game without a change in score and repeatedly notify me after the game ended. Perhaps you'll have better luck with the EPL games.

The widget will show the scores of current/finished games or the time of upcoming games.

Also, one thing I noticed with the soccer bit is that if your team is both in the EPL and UEFA Champion's League, you have to mark it in both leagues or you only get notified in one.

Upvote 0
first, this isnt gonna update minute by minute..best it can do is every score, but it does have a widget. google scoreboard lets you pick favorites...and it has the EPL in it's list. you can try to favorite all 20 epl teams and it should work ok.

sportstap would be my second choice. it's been so long since i set it up that i didn't even know it had the epl in it, i only follow ac milan which is why i like scoreboard, but id try both since neither of them are the fastest to update...sometimes neither do at all on my phone, but i dont think there's a better option than these two.

Upvote 0
I have sportstap but you can't select EPL teams for favorites which sucks. Might have to give Google Scoreboard a try.
Yeah i've just tried the same, can only select NFL and NBA etc. as favourites.

Got scoreboard on and selected all teams as favorites but only my actual team to notify me after goals etc, hopefully this will cut down on the 3g data being passed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones