Epub or PDF reader with Synch?

1. lobizao

lobizao New Member

This is my first ever post, so I hope I'm doing it in the right place.

I love, love, love how the Nook and Kindle apps let me synch among my ebooks when I read in different devices. The problem is that it only works with books I buy from them. Is there any app out there that will allow me to synch my own pdfs or ebooks? I heard that Comicrack does something like that, but it works only with comic formats.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Moved to the applications forums, thanks! :)

I've never used it myself, but have you tried Alkido?
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Mantano Reader can sync PDF and EPUB via their server, but you'll need a subscription.

Moon+ Reader can sync PDF and EPUB via DropBox.

For PDF to you'd use Kindle. With ES File Explorer use the option 'Send to Kindle' for send a PDF to the Kindle server or any of your Kindle devices.

In all three options I'm not sure that they'll sync your recently read page, might be worth to try it :)

Update: I've tried Kinde with a PDF and a (free) MOBI, MOBI got the sync page option, PDF doesn't.

Harry
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

Moon+ Reader Pro
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Thanks Harry. Ive just downloaded some PDF and was wondering how to get them on Kindle :)
    So can i only read them in the kindle app and not on my kindle reader?
    EDIT worked it out :)
    Harry2 likes this.
  6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Only problem is the text doesnt wrap properly when you zoom in :(
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Well, that is a general problem with PDF reader. The better reader have the option of reflowed text. This works with text-only books properly.
    But often I read technical docs like manuals which have pics and drawings. Reflow text mode puts these at other places or even all together at the end of the doc.

But Kindle should have a reflow text mode at least, there Kindle has room for improvement :)

Harry
    funkylogik likes this.