1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Equalizer settings gone from Play Music

1. Stannis the Mannis

Stannis the Mannis Rapscallion VIP Member

Hi, so I noticed that the equalizer settings for my phone (running 4.1.2 JB) are gone. I think this must have happened after the 4.1.2 update, has anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Stannis the Mannis

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I've never had equalizer settings. There was an option in the very old play music app but all it did was enable or disable the little three bar visual only, never allowed custom adjustments. It still has the three bar visual though it is ugly now and all black next to a playing track. I liked the older blue myself.
  4. Stannis the Mannis

See I never had them in the old blue one but when they updated to the new orange one I had the equaliser settings but since my phone was updated the settings disappeared.
  5. nickdalzell

if i am not mistakened the only option i remember was 'graphic equalizer on/off' on the older app. all it did though was show the little bars that animated when a track was played, they would display in blue beside the track currently playing if you're in the 'all songs' display mode. all it did was slow my phone down so i would always turn it off, as it offered zero means to change things. it was simple eye candy. the option to disable it has been removed but the animation shows either way in the new app. still offers no means to customize anything.
  6. rich2626

rich2626 Well-Known Member

I have all the equalizer settings,plus bass and 3D effect on the nexus 7.
  7. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

Goe 'em also on my Kyocera Rise but it is running ICS.
  8. nickdalzell

There are equalizer settings in the stock music app but not Play Music. Not sure if the stock music equalizer settings apply to other apps though.