• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Equalizer settings

Benhermies

Lurker
Nov 11, 2015
I used to have an iPhone 4 before i got my Nexus 5. For a while now I've been disappointed in my music. It just doesn't sound like it used to. I realized its the equalizer settings.

I usually use Google Play Music but the equalizer in it is HORRIBLE so I just keep it off. Everything sounds very digital with it on.

Then I tried an equalizer app called "Equalizer" by Smart Android Apps. It did amazing things! My music sounded full of life again! But it didn't make all my music sound great. I realized some songs had muted instruments and vocals. Things weren't balanced right.

Then I tried the lauded Power Amp. Wasn't too impressed with the presets.

Next came Jet Audio. The presets made some music sound good but most of it was pretty "meh"

On my iPhone I just had to set the equalizer to Acoustic and it made almost everything sound amazing! Everything was balanced, nuanced, punchy where it needed to be. It is how I expect my music to sound. It was the closest I've heard to how my dad's high end stereos sounded growing up.

So short story long, I'm looking to emulate the iPhone Acoustic equalizer settings on my Nexus 5. I'm sure the iPhone had a better DSP but if I could come close I'd be happy. Can anyone recommend a good equalizer or music app and the settings I need to tweak to make my dream a reality?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones