• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris 1.5 users, I need a minute of your time!

From my wifes:

Load Images: Checked
Block Pop Up: Checked
Mobile View: Checked
Enable Java: Checked
Open in Background: Unchecked
Text Size: Normal
Set Text Coding: Latin-1
Auto Fit Pages: Checked
Remember Passwords: Checked
Remember Data: Checked
Show Security Warnings: Checked
Accept Cookies: Checked
Set Cache Size: 6 MB
Enable Plugins: Checked
Gears Settings: No Permissions Set

And on my 2.1 v2:
pretty much all the same, difference...
Load Flash: Checked
Open Pages in Overview: Unchecked

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
Trying to see if I can figure out the browser crash issue I'm having with 2.1, so if anyone with 1.5 wouldn't mind posting all their browser settings (I know it's a lot), I would appreciate it!

Just curious - which 2.1 release are you using?

I've been using ivanmj's "official" v.6, and the browser crashes pretty frequently in that ROM compared to the 1.5 release... but I don't know if that is something about that ROM, or a generic problem with the browser with all the (unofficial) 2.1 release ROMs.

Sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question, but I have been meaning to look into this myself - if you discover anything, please post your findings.

eu1

Upvote 0
I'll give it a shot - my browser crashes so often that it won't take long to notice a difference.

Did you do anything else after toggling it off - clear cache, restart phone, etc.?

Hope it works.

Hmmm, well actually my cache was cleared and phone restarted for another issue, but to answer, yes clear the cache and restart the phone after you toggle the flash off.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, well actually my cache was cleared and phone restarted for another issue, but to answer, yes clear the cache and restart the phone after you toggle the flash off.

After one day, I am still experiencing some[\b] crashes - whether or not they are less frequent is hard to say. I was experiencing crashes on sites which don't use Flash, and it seemed to me that it would occur when I was using the browser aggressively: resizing the display with the page still loading, clicking on links or hitting the back button while page loading, etc.

Like any other piece of software, there could be multiple bugs that cause the browser to crash, so the fact that I am still seeing some crashes doesn't disprove your hypothesis - it could be that I am just triggering a different set of bugs.

I just cleared everything except for saved passwords, and restarted the phone - I'll post my results in a day or two (in this thread).

eu1

Edit: LOL ! My browser crashed when I made the above post :D
At least the post took before the crash so I didn't have to type it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones