Eris 2.0.1 Rom Signed???General

Last Updated:

1. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found a software named Droid Explorer that lets you sign Packages and Packages are usually Updates. So i signed the Droids 2.0.1 Stock Rom and Renamed it to PB00IMG.zip and restarted my phone in the safe mode and it started loading... I want to know if i continue will it brick my phone or will it Really run the Droids 2.0.1 Software. And if so could this lead to the Rooting off the Eris. :p

Advertisement
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

It definitely won't work on your phone. Turning it into a brick? I'd DEFINITELY have a backup PB00IMG.ZIP on another SD card ready for you to VOL DOWN + POWER when you mess up your phone.

If your phone won't start up with that (which it won't), you'll have to already have a backup plan. if you're on 1.5, you might be SOL, and the bootloader may upgrade (highly doubtful it'll even get this far), OR it may do nothing and tell you no (highly probable), and if it DOES actually upgrade something (which would be a miraculous event), you'd need the Eris 2.1 PB00IMG.ZIP on another SD card ready to go, and not a 1.5 image (or hard reset).

Assuming that this does nothing, which is what I'm assuming, you won't brick your phone, and you'll just start it up normally next time without trouble.

if you get problems, I'd a) try a NORMAL hard reset (hold call + end at same time while off, choose recovery), and if that's a fail, you'll, once again, need a PB00IMG.ZIP like the 2.1 Eris version going around, on a microSD card, that you can put in your phone, and VOL DOWN + END with.

Good luck. I wouldn't try it. But good luck.

3. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Well did you finish the updating the phone? Did it work?

4. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

What is "Droid 2.0.1" software ?

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Oops, that's my office desk phone.

7. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay well i did it and it it just said no u cant do this lol... JK it failed the sig check