• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

So something weird happened this morning. I woke up to my phone ringing and picked it up but there was no answer and I could hear no static from the earpiece, I hung up and called them back but the same thing happened. The dialer on the phone was laggy as hell too, so I had to reboot. I dont know if this is related directly to the 2.1 update or if it was just something that happened out of nowhere. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Anyway, I rebooted and for some reason I didnt have to log back into google, I think what fixed it was that I logged in through the imap/pop3 option last time i rebooted. Yep thats the only 'bug' type thing I can find as of now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anyone else having trouble dialing out with Google Voice? It doesn't seem to be connecting and my Verizon number is being used instead. Sending and receiving text through GV seems to be ok.

I noticed the same thing and it's really a pain. One reason I love this phone so much is its Google Voice integration and I tried many settings in the attempt to restore that functionality.

Upvote 0
I noticed the same thing and it's really a pain. One reason I love this phone so much is its Google Voice integration and I tried many settings in the attempt to restore that functionality.

I've been messing with it all afternoon. If you turn off 3G, it won't even be able to use Google Voice to make a phone call. But it's obviously not connecting to Google Voice because it's not dialing the bridging number and the other person can see your non-GV number. Sucks.

I had to download the old 3rd party app "GV" and using that for now. It's horrible because it has to dial your Google number like a dumbphone. Takes forever to call anybody. :(

Upvote 0
Man this is exciting! Okay, so I've found a new bug (maybe) that hasn't been mentioned yet. I think it all comes down to ATK playing rough with Sense.

I lost the ability to to use pinch-to-zoom.

Not on the home screen, not in the browser. A simple restart fixed it, though. I noticed it after I used ATK to clean up the memory after I attempted to use Google Earth and a buncha other apps. A couple of times after killing apps, I've been greeted by the HTC startup logo and watched Sense reload before I could use the phone again. I know what you're thinking... I killed some critical process. But I know better! I don't kill things like messages and the clock and my widgets, and there aren't even any android processes visible in the list to be killed. I've "crashed" Sense a few times using ATK, and it doesn't seem to be consistently linked to any specific program.

Hopefully the 2.1 memory management is improved enough that I won't ever want to use a task killer again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones