• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris actual talk time

gruss

Android Expert
Feb 16, 2010
Toledoish
Ok I've read a gazillion threads on battery life and 2.1 etc etc and you have me all waiting anxiously for an update and bigger batteries but what about actual talk time on the phone? didnt see any threads about that. Its not uncommon for my phone to be a toy all week then on the weekend catch up with some buds or family or whatever and yak on the thing for 2 hours straight. Will it hold? I know my old razr with an ext batt would go 4 hours talk time easy, glimmer would do 2.5 hrs easy with stock battery sometimes more. Pearl did well, havent really talked the Storm out cause its my work phone and I tend to shun that thing on the weekends :p....so let me know how long you've talked on it! Battery life does seem to stink but I can't put the damn thing down so I'm sure that has something to do with it and all my other smartphones sucked battery wise too the first week or so, so I'm not passing judgement yet, just want to know how long i can talk on the thing before it dies....I will do my own testing soon but would like some ideas.

Well as the att commercials so proudly let us know, while talking none of the network stuff is happening anyway! :p If I can have a good solid 2+ hr conversation on the thing I'll be happy. just trying to see if anyone has "talked the battery out" in one call (or a couple calls during a short time) and how long the call(s) were.

Upvote 0
Just checked my call logs from yesterday. On 11 incoming/outgoing calls, I spent 2 hours and 22 minutes on the phone. Had a full charge at 8:00am and about a 20% charge at midnight with a moderate amount of text/email/web usage throughout the day. Definitely not the greatest battery life in the world, but it's more than sufficient in my opinion.

Coming from a BB Storm as well, I would say the Eris has about 75% the life of the Storm battery. Although, it's hard to even compare the two. The Storm can't do half the things the Eris can do, even while running 1.5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones