eris advanced email settingsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. houndf16

houndf16 New Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to bring up the Advanced settings tab for email? I found it on the Motorola Droid (which I now hate) but can't seem to find it on the Eris. I'm trying to leave the msgs on the server but download them to the phone. The iTouch, Saga, blackberry and Droid all had this page giving you this option. ?????

Advertisement
  2. jkmailley

jkmailley Well-Known Member

Go into your Email. Press Menu. Then the More button. Then choose Settings.

3. SOMFW

SOMFW Banned

Good Luck leaving them on server if you are running leak 3

Although this feature, for me, has worked since I got the phone, It know seems to delete the messages off the server (Hotmail) when I delete them from the phone, Even though it is set up to keep them there.
    Hope this is fixed in the OTA!

4. homer169

homer169 Well-Known Member

Thats funny, I have the exact opposite problem. I want them to be deleted from the server and they wont. I've running 2.1 v3 root. I also cant seem to get my yahoo email work. Dunno what that is all about.

5. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I do remember Yahoo mail being an issue for some.

I read this from a somewhat older post: " For Eris to use your Free Yahoo email you have to set it up manually type in your email and password then select IMAP for incomming server example ( imap.mail.yahoo.com and the incomming server port is 143 no security type and for outgoing there is no security type smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and the port is 25 and it works fine with my droid Eris"

6. houndf16

houndf16 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've got all these settings the way I want them. Problem is when I download the msg it pulls them off the server. When I get back to the computer, I can't see any of the msgs sent to the phone.