Eris Alarm won't sound!General

Last Updated:

1. pudz

pudz New Member This Topic's Starter

hi,
    the first day i got my phone the alarm sounded. now it doesn't, it will vibrate and light up but no sound.

i don't know where to go to get it to sound, i've searched every settings nook and crannie!

HELP!

pudz:confused:

Advertisement
  2. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

This happened to me the other day, too. Somehow, a setting got changed that turned the alarm volume all the way down. Someone over at HowardForums.com had the solution (I can't find the message right away or I'd link it):

1. Go to the 'Clock' application.
    2. Click on the 'Timer' tab. (Should be the last of the four buttons on the bottom.)
    3. Click on the 'Alert Sound' dropbox.
    4. When the selection screen comes up, press volume rocker switch on the side of the phone to adjust your alarm volume.

Hopefully this will fix your problem, like it did for me.

3. pudz

ah! i found the answer here: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/16014-alarm-volume.html#post118523

basically to find the alarm volume you go to the alarm, when you tap on alarm sound type (ie classic "light" blah blha) you can adjust the volume by using the volume buttons on the side of the phone...

buried deep deep within the soul of the eris lies the freakin alarm sound level option.

pudz :eek:

4. pudz

hey K0caw,
    thanks for the response, much appreciated!
    pudz

5. totte

totte New Member

you could also download the "volume control" app from the market, it allows you to easily change the alarm volume. (The one from revosolutionary development)

6. geodroid

geodroid New Member

Hi KOCAW,

This is my first time here, I was having the same problem with my droid alarm. After way too much time trying to figure it out I was getting ready to call tech support and wait on hold for a while. Thankfully, I decided to Google the problem. Google brought me here. The rest is history.

Thanks much

7. K0CAW

K0CAW Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to fix it without spending who-knows-how-long with tech support. I love these forums!

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Plus coming here is a lot more fun than calling those poor guys and gals at tech support.

I always thought the nicest ones were probably wearing a headset while using their right hand on their keyboard to search out my problem and using their left hand to give me the finger.

9. enkode

enkode Well-Known Member

AudioManager Console is my best friend for my alarm volume. It has a very sexy widget with an EQ feel to it showing the volume of every type of notification/alarm/etc. It gives me a bit of assurance I wont get ripped in half showing up late for work. :)

10. Mountainguy

Mountainguy Member

Yeah...those pesky $15-20 alarm clocks with battery backup are too expense and easy to use ;) Or maybe I'm just "old school"...:D

My gf has been having this problem with her phone, hopefully this will fix it but the fact the geniuses who designed the original clock did not put a volume option on the alarm clock screen doesn't say much for the thought put in to this phone's design. This is the first phone I've ever come across that did not have such a feature (and this is going back to when cell phones were cell phones and were slightly smaller than a brick), utterly amazing (not in a good way).

I tried adjusting the alarm volume with the rocker switch while in the alarm sound dropdown box (why reinvent the wheel? one extra menu option would have overloaded the system? lol)...I don't see why you would need to adjust it through the timer, guess I'll find out tomorrow morning.

11. tiggen

tiggen Member

For two days in a row now I have set my alarm and it has failed to go off. The first night the phone was off. My BB would just turn on and the alarm would sound, but the Eris did not turn on at the alarm time. Last night I put the phone in airplane mode, and this morning, nothing. Now, as I type this I set the alarm to go off a few minutes into the future, phone went to sleep mode (still in airplane mode), and the alarm went off!!

Anybody know why it won't go off after sleeping/being off all night?

12. tiggen

tiggen Member

I found the answer in another thread, but if anybody comes here looking for a solution to the problem I had it is to make sure that task killer doesn't kill the clock.

13. enkode

enkode Well-Known Member

Good Call! I always ignore the default apps except the ones i KNOW i will never use. "Peep"

14. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Can we please sticky one of these alarm threads??? This seems to be a very common problem with a very easy fix.

And to those of you whose alarms are truly malfunctioning... use a real alarm.

15. nightsong93

nightsong93 New Member

I've had my eris for just over a month, and I've had issues with the alarm not sounding numerous times during that span. I went to the Verizon store with the issue, and they told me to take the battery off for a few minutes, and this would erase the short term memory, thereby restoring the alarm sound. This did work. However, recently when I tried that, it did not work, prompting me to find this forum on google. Thank you SO much for posting another solution to this problem. My phone now alarms happily (much to my annoyance in the morning) and wakes me up.:eek:

16. kimmie343

kimmie343 New Member

Thanks so much for the help.