• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris and SMS Text Notifications

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I am a novice Eris owner. I switched from Blackberry :)

I am needing to set up a sms text notification that will go off until I acknowledge it when I receive a sms from my work. Can someone point me in the right direction here to get this set up? I have read the manual and it does not seem straight forward.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Handcent and I think chomp but I'm positive handcent has a section in settings to "enable repeat reminders" you can pick keep repeating or a designated number. this is configurable by person as well...or number or whatever, so it should work perfectly for your needs.

Yep use handcent and this is correct. Like it much better than stock sms. Also dont forget to add swype for your keyboard.

Upvote 0
Yep use handcent and this is correct. Like it much better than stock sms. Also dont forget to add swype for your keyboard.

Gahhh stop with the swype promos :rolleyes:

Sure give it a shot if ya want, wasn't for me....if your ok on a BB keyboard I'm sure you'll be fine. if you had a pearl type blackberry the eris offers a similar keyboard stock, xt9 or whatever their predictive text is doesnt hold a candle to suretype but it works OK.

Upvote 0
My lord. If you want to sing to The world your love of swype at least start your own thread. He asked about notifications not alternative keyboards. Oh and drink Leinenkugal 1888 Bock. It's great and if you don't like it your lame. See how annoying shameless plugs are? Really is awesome beer tho ;)

Hey was only trying to help, not getting paid to promote. Actually prefer Vodka. If you want to call it a shameless plug then good for you. Why did you get so annoyed? Drink your 1888 and chill. If you dont like swype then all the power to you, type away.

Upvote 0
I'm quite chilled. I just don't understand the need to mention a certain piece of software in every post. Just put it in your Sig and call it good.

I did not use swype in the typing of this message.

I have not mentioned this is every post dude. Funny today you promoted call log to an op about deleting his call history. So guess gruss was promoting a certain app as you have accused me of. Get that stick out of your ass.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones