Eris and SMS Text NotificationsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bobbruce0584

bobbruce0584 New Member This Topic's Starter

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am a novice Eris owner. I switched from Blackberry :)

I am needing to set up a sms text notification that will go off until I acknowledge it when I receive a sms from my work. Can someone point me in the right direction here to get this set up? I have read the manual and it does not seem straight forward.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Handcent and I think chomp but I'm positive handcent has a section in settings to "enable repeat reminders" you can pick keep repeating or a designated number. this is configurable by person as well...or number or whatever, so it should work perfectly for your needs.

3. AudiDan

AudiDan Well-Known Member

Yep use handcent and this is correct. Like it much better than stock sms. Also dont forget to add swype for your keyboard.

4. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member

"Missed Reminders". Can be set up for each individual type of notification. Similar but not as good as BerryBuzz.

Handcent only does SMS.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

If you like the stock messaging app, you can download SMS Popup. Not sure about individual numbers, but i get repeat reminders.

6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Gahhh stop with the swype promos :rolleyes:

Sure give it a shot if ya want, wasn't for me....if your ok on a BB keyboard I'm sure you'll be fine. if you had a pearl type blackberry the eris offers a similar keyboard stock, xt9 or whatever their predictive text is doesnt hold a candle to suretype but it works OK.

7. AudiDan

Whatever.....:p

8. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

there has never been more truth. wait till you try to swype on your desktop keyboard. its quite interesting.

9. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

Every time I sit down in front of my desktop, or use my wife's Droid without Swype I try to use them as if I had Swype.... If only it would work!

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

My lord. If you want to sing to The world your love of swype at least start your own thread. He asked about notifications not alternative keyboards. Oh and drink Leinenkugal 1888 Bock. It's great and if you don't like it your lame. See how annoying shameless plugs are? Really is awesome beer tho ;)

11. ryan79260

ryan79260 Active Member

That is a really awesome beer though, seriously!

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Oh man I know. Why does it have to be seasonal :( and this is how threads go off topic boys and girls ;)

13. davros

davros Well-Known Member

ya i do it too...:rolleyes:

14. AudiDan

Hey was only trying to help, not getting paid to promote. Actually prefer Vodka. If you want to call it a shameless plug then good for you. Why did you get so annoyed? Drink your 1888 and chill. If you dont like swype then all the power to you, type away.

15. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'm quite chilled. I just don't understand the need to mention a certain piece of software in every post. Just put it in your Sig and call it good.

I did not use swype in the typing of this message.

16. AudiDan

I have not mentioned this is every post dude. Funny today you promoted call log to an op about deleting his call history. So guess gruss was promoting a certain app as you have accused me of. Get that stick out of your ass.

17. AudiDan

Another thing Gruss, I am here only to help others with their Eris. You do not know me and I do not know you so not sure why you have decided to go on attack from one app I mentioned. Continue to troll me but I am not going to play in your sand box.