Eris and Water Damage and InsuranceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dropped my Eris in water about a month ago but got it dried out and it still worked fine. Now its starting to act crazy. When i call someone, it doesnt call and the screen just goes black for about 2 minutes.No buttons do anything. I am on 2.1b but I know its not the problem bc I updated my girlfriends at the same time and it works fine which brings me back to the water damage. Anyway, my question is if I use my insurance (i have the best plan offered) what are the negatives to that. And is it possible to pay some more and get a moto Droid?

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

negatives is the $89 deductible. If you're lucky you'll get a new phone. Usually they give out refurbished phones, but my last phone i actually got a new one. Guess they didn't have refurbished ones in stock.

As far as the Moto... no. You can always sell your replacement phone and then buy the Moto at full price. But thats your best option

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The only negatives (that I know of):

- you may get a refurbished phone; or, at this point, you likely will
    - you get only two claims in any 12 month period allowed (not much of a negative if you are not all that clumsy, or are not my 16 year old son and forget that your phone is in your pocket when you jump out of the boat.)

I do not believe that you can change equipment for a fee, but it will not hurt to ask when you make the claim.

4. smacky

smacky Banned

You have it all wrong. You don't know for sure if it's 2.1b unless you dunk your gf's phone in a glass of milk, like an Oreo and see if it too has the same problems. Scientific method, ftw!

5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

lol

6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You might try reflashing 2.1, just to see if that does any good. Stranger things, and all that other...

7. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hahhaha. I figured out the problem. Nothing software at all. I got a new case. That new case covered up that sensor at the top of the phone that makes the screen come on after you take the phone away from your ear. I'm a dumbass.

8. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

OP fail....
    lmfao