Eris as-a-phone questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cdjones

cdjones Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Is there a dialer that will let me choose which number to ring from a contact directly (long press ?) ?

Going to a contact to choose is getting annoying !

AND SOLVED !!!

Advertisement
  2. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Swipe your trackball to the right or left to view the various numbers associated with your contact. No need to go into the contact info itself.

cdjones and Yosef like this.
  3. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

confused. which screen are you looking at when you swipe the trackball to view the other numbers?

4. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Gosh, it sucks that it's so hard to make an Android screenshot.

Anyhow, start by entering the Phone app, which will include a phone keypad consuming the bottom two-thirds of the screen. Now start spelling the name of the person. After a few letters, their name will appear at or near the top of the list at the top of the screen. If you move the trackball up or down a bit, the entire screen will now be a list of those names (this step may be omitted if the desired contact is the first name listed). Now, with the desired name highlighted, move the trackball to the right or left to cycle through the different phone numbers available for that contact.

Please try it and post back if it's still unclear.

cornbreadfarts likes this.
  5. BCEagle

BCEagle Active Member

Works for me! Great tip. Now if the dialer actually dialed in a timely fashion when I told it to....

6. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

oh the phone app. i see. i never use that. i just hit the phone button or use a shortcut to a specific person. i call only a handful of people. but still good to know. thanks!