ERIS awake time - Please Help!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. mattga6985

mattga6985 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just bought the eris today 192.00 from verizon and I noticed my awake time was at 100 percent,so I did some research and tried the sms fix and its still reading 75% I have installed any other apps either. Im having to put more work in this eris than my new I7 920 I just built

Advertisement
  2. mattga6985

mattga6985 New Member This Topic's Starter

they got a 3500 mah battery coming out on 19 I guess that will give me some extra juice

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

You may need to adjust your settings to keep applications and programs from automatically updating and turn off auto sync for contacts, etc. After making these adjustments, I find when my awake time stays high, it's time for a restart.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that the bigger battery will effect the awake time, just the battery life.

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i know with me it was like a dog chasing his tail! :)
    it had a high awake time because...i was CONSTANTLY ON IT!
    it really was awake a high percentage, while im constantly trying to make the awake percentage go down! :)
    also somethings let turning off the message notification on the stock browser and making sure things werent running in the background like gps stuff or podcast streams and what not.

6. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Aleis on this one, the OP just got the phone, you're gonna be playing with it, seeing what it can do, and loading all kinds of apps. Stop worrying about wake time for a few days and see what it drops to. if you always checking it, you are gonna keep "Waking it up". not to mention the battery life will improve the more you use it. The first few days, my battery didn't last at all, then as I started not playing as much, nad it went through a few charge/discharge cycles it all improved a lot. welcome to the forums...

7. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

The awake time is at 100% right after you reboot your phone, then it gradually goes down as you put your Droid Eris to sleep.

8. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

Also, since you just purchased your phone I'm assuming you are using it while on the charger. You might want to verify that your phone isn't set to stay away when on the charger.

Go to Settings - > Applications -> Development and ensure "Stay Awake" is not checked.

9. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

My highest awake % was 86% the first day I got my phone, lol