Eris behaving strangely tonight... help?General

Last Updated:

1. PirateChurch

PirateChurch New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks.

So my girlfriends new (about 3 weeks old) eris started some really odd behavior tonight after a reboot.

As soon as it boots up and Sense starts, it immediately scrolls itself to the leftmost home screen and will go back there any time she tries to change screens.

As a test I had her hit "home" while on a call with me and see if it did the same thing... it didn't appear to be doing it. She could stay on any screen she wanted while in a call but then it did something new... It was like a phantom finger picked up her clock widget and moved it to the rightmost screen.

It seems that the touch software thinks there is an object sliding from left to right sometimes when nothing is touching the screen (even when laying still on the counter)

A "phantom finger" moving from left to right would cause the auto-sliding to the left screen while the same motion would be used to move the clock to the right.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this? I have both a G1 and a Moto Droid and Ive never seen anything even close.

Especially interested in any fixes you may know of... [​IMG]

Have verified no scratches or gunk on the screen
    have rebooted multiple times (power cycle)
    have removed battery
    only installed software (Im pretty sure) is chompSMS and a txt popup notifier. Both installed 3 weeks ago when I got her the phone. nothing new installed or updated today.

-doesn't seem to be doing this in anything other than sense ui (although she -doesn't have many apps that would show the left to right swipe as obviously so it is possible its happening in other apps)

anyway... help would be much appreciated if it is forthcoming.

Advertisement
  2. bronc

bronc Active Member

hmmmm maybe a problem with the trackball? I've never run into this particular problem but i know that you can switch screens with the trackball. Seems like it'd be easier for that to cause this behavior than the touchscreen.

3. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

You sure it isn't the trackball? Try cleaning with a cloth and some alcohol I think..Look up the way to clean the trackball.

4. PirateChurch

PirateChurch New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to both of you for the idea... Ill have her check it in the AM.